dumped a Murray MX carcass

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
One of my other casual hobies,(blasphemy, I know ),besides bikes is dump digging for old bottles and cans. ) anyone else collect beer cans as a kid ?)

Got stir crazy so went out yesterday afternoon before the storm hit. got out about an hour, ground is still pretty frozen to dig in.

Anyways,found a few cans,ground is real wet here so most are too rusted - but... to get back on topic......
found this Murray MX sticking out from under some junk.

surprisingly not too bad, chrome chainring guard is rusty, but still readable. The chainring side I can see is real clean. one pedal that was stuck in the ground is now toast. Badge sticker is unreadable,but definately a Murray one. Date sticker on seat tube is very clean - 04/76 date.
The moss growing on the seat is a nice tough, lol.. doubt the seat pan is savable, but the frame might be. so going to drown it in WD40 and see if it comes apart.

MurrayDumper1_zpsfb09b235.jpg

MurrayDumper2_zps97ee4bb1.jpg

the cans, just to show I'm nuts.

cansFeb27_2013_zps4164ba9f.jpg

few other rusty junky bikes, so might have to go back when it thaws.

Cool finds , i like the bike also ! i have a couple of those frames ,is any one into those things ?
i dont recall seeing any of those bikes complete ? oh yah i have a can collection also !

RafaeL

Don't know anyone into these, although the early MX stuff is starting to have a following.
Undecided yet as to whether to try to save this one semi stock or custom or ? .. just HAD to bring it home :), no plans yet, though I think I have a Murray fork, have to dig.
What cans do you collect, AS ? ones you;ve had for ages or somethign you still do ? ( always cool to talk mixed hobbies :)

I have a few ''POP'' cans and ''BEER" cans i'll get a pic, and post !

RafaeL

Latest posts

Back