Dump score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these 3 at the dump.
This Raleigh Colt has a bent frame but lotsa good parts.
P1011109.jpg

S.A. 36 hole 3 speed coaster brake hub.
P1011110.jpg

P1011111.jpg

Nice straight front wheel and a fork I need for a Raleigh sport I have that is that color.
P1011112.jpg

P1011113.jpg

This little bike is heading to a womens shelter. I just need a seat.
P1011114.jpg

P1011115.jpg

Also this Free Spirit.
P1011116.jpg

Thats for sure. I was looking at that little girls bike and whitewalls, white grips and white pedals just don't say BMX style bike to me. I had this seat down the basement and I think with the bars from the colt this could be a very cool little bike. It's like there's some strange force at work that won't let me just throw a seat on it! :lol:
P1011122.jpg

ej599 said:
It's like there's some strange force at work that won't let me just throw a seat on it! :lol:
hmmmmm.......maybe to many ideas floating around in the noggin
good scores and i see you got a set of those leopard print tires also :mrgreen:

sensor said:
ej599 said:
It's like there's some strange force at work that won't let me just throw a seat on it! :lol:
hmmmmm.......maybe to many ideas floating around in the noggin
good scores and i see you got a set of those leopard print tires also :mrgreen:
Your definitely on to something there! Lots of wide open space in my noggin' for those ideas to float in! :) and with a bobbed chrome fender in the back, that should do it. :roll: Did someone say headlight?

Hey like the saying goes one mans trash is anothers treasure. Nice finds

Well my wife's been working mega overtime which leaves me little time to work on bikes lately, but I did manage to get this one cleaned up, greased and adjusted. My wife works with a person who volunteers at a womens shelter. I gave the bike to her to give to one of the kids there for Christmas. The bike was practically new, still had the 'nubbies' on the tires.
P1011133.jpg

P1011134.jpg

Roadmaster, I like that Superbe.

ej599 said:
Well my wife's been working mega overtime which leaves me little time to work on bikes lately, but I did manage to get this one cleaned up, greased and adjusted. My wife works with a person who volunteers at a womens shelter. I gave the bike to her to give to one of the kids there for Christmas. The bike was practically new, still had the 'nubbies' on the tires.
Bike looks GREAT!.....Gonna put a BIG smile on some little girls face. <{{{><

KOTA said:
ej599 said:
Bike looks GREAT!.....Gonna put a BIG smile on some little girls face. <{{{><

I hope they give it to a girl, if they give it to some boy he's gonna hate my guts! Like that Johnny Cash song, 'A Boy Named Sue'. :lol:

If A BOY gets it, you have to promise, RIGHT NOW, to take it back and paint it BLACK! 8)

Maybe I should have thrown in a can of flat black rustoleum, just in case. :p

I forgot to post this pic of my Chief Pneaumatic Tire Tube Inspection Technician who participated in the refurbisment of the girls bike. Don't tell mom we did this in the kitchen sink! 8)
P1011131.jpg

P1011132.jpg

and Merry Christmas to me. I pulled this beautiful hub from that Raleigh Colt. 36 hole 3 spd. coaster brake 75 vintage.
P1011139.jpg

P1011141.jpg

P1011142.jpg

Also a nice front wheel plus these parts. Bagged, tagged and ready for storage.
P1011143.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
Did all Free Spirits come with that speedo ?

I looks like a common option, I found another ladies-framed bike similar to mine and it had the same speedo. I'm making an effort to not become an expert on Free Spirits :D

Back