Dual Delta lights - I need another opinion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Are the light on the Murray same as on the black Elgin?
In my opinion, NO. What do you think?

Nope. Different shape, "visor" style retaining ring on Murray, hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like no ridge on the body it as well. I'd wager the ones on the Murray are decades younger.

Nope. Different shape, "visor" style retaining ring on Murray, hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like no ridge on the body it as well. I'd wager the ones on the Murray are decades younger.

I was thinking the same.
Thanks

You may need to send both sets to me for a proper evaluation...may take years to get you a proper answer...maybe..20 or so☺

NOPE... the Elgin lights are nice.:41: Just kidding, they're both nice, but the Elgins look 100x better in style, finish, and overall appearance. And yeah, they are much older than the Murray lights by at least 20yrs, which may be influencing my evaluation.

Very different in shape and construction.
The ones on the Elgin are called Delta Silver Ray (cast metal). The ones on the Murray (pressed steel) likely had a name as well, also likely sold as accessories as the Silver Rays were.
You might be able to find the exact model name by searching for 1960s Delta advertisements, and looking for/through American Bicyclist magazines of the era.

Back