Drum Brake Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this 1941 CCM balloon tire frame at a local auction. The frame was very dirty but had original paint in ok shape. Time to get it ridable.
bikes206.jpg

bikes207.jpg

I also had this nice Sturmey Archer drum brake 3 speed wheelset and white tires. They work great and look good on the bike. I may relace them to a pair of drop center rims I have. I have to clean up the hubs this week. The bars and original fenders also came with the frame. I am not crazy about fenders on a bike. I will clean them up and try them on the bike.
bikes235.jpg

bikes236.jpg

bikes237.jpg

bikes238.jpg

bikes239.jpg

bikes240.jpg

bikes241.jpg

Looks good. I think a set of black wheels with the white tires would really set it off.

I've always thought it would be to have dual drums......cool build! :mrgreen:

Old CCM bikes are harder to find in the larger frames. Balloon tire frames came only in single top tubes. I have another CCM in the large frame, same as this one.
Attached is a picture of a shorter CCM made Champion double bar frame. The taller version is very hard to come by. I am planning on doing a motorized boardtraker similar to the Massey I did a few years back but a little more period looking.

bikes231.jpg

bikes228.jpg

RatRod071.jpg

Back