DRAG-ON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on the build? Cool start with that CWC frame, springer, bars, thickslick tires....

Hope life's back on track too!

Any updates on the build? Cool start with that CWC frame, springer, bars, thickslick tires....

Hope life's back on track too!
Not much happening on this one. Need to buy a front rim and tire and some grips. I did get the three speed cable worked out, and I sat the shifter housing in some peroxide and sun. The results were very good. Life is a roller coaster, but it’s better than being on a carousel.
IMG_4543.jpeg
IMG_4542.jpeg

...Need to buy a front rim and tire and some grips...
What do you need? It's a 26" bike, but what size do you want for the front? It may not fit the patina of your bike, but I just built a couple 20x1-38" wheels. They are NOS Araya rims, the hubs have been overhauled and polished, and the spokes/nipples are brand new. They were built with shiny muscle bikes in mind, so the patina may not work for you. But let me know if you're interested. (I don't have a tire for it, but you can get a Sunlite on Ebay for $25 that looks good)

Thanks @CRASH i appreciate the offer. Just dragging my feet really. I rebuilt the rear wheel on blue dream (mbbo) last winter, updating the 3 speed hub to a new rim with 12 gage spokes. That bike has been chopped up for parts and the wheel will be used on this build. Also a bit from that bike being used for a long shifter arm. I use wheel master as my go to, for wheel options. I do have this peaked front fender coming to me, that will be a bobbed rear fender. Need to grab another thick slick. Only going with the 2/3 criteria. No repaint and nice chrome. A lot like my first car. 1968 mustang. Rusted rear fender wells with nice shiny chrome. And of course, Crager Mags. 😎
IMG_4562.png

I recently received this amazing commissioned illustration from @Bike from the Dead, which he awarded me in the 2022 build of 17. I am honored to receive this kind gift. Austin and I have communicated back and forth on the piece and he came up with an amazing illustration of the Hellion. It was received in high resolution which will allow me to maybe create a shirt or use it as a logo. Maybe his amazing talent could be of service to you! Thanks again @Bike from the Dead
IMG_4512.jpeg

I put the Shimano 333 3 speed shifter back together but most likely need to move the washers around. maybe @CRASH could shed some light on the proper setup? Also working on extending the shifter arm with a leg from a previous build I scrapped out. I’m liking the looks so far. Getting snow now so most likely no paint job. I need to make a crank choice and the other thick slick is on the way. Getting close to being a rider. Still needs my sketchy sissy bar brake set up, chain, etc.
IMG_4638.jpeg
IMG_4640.jpeg
IMG_4641.jpeg

DRAG-ON's looking good! I'm not sure I've ever seen a muscle bike version of a CWC straight bar before, but I like the direction yours is heading! Hopefully the cold weather and the new job won't stop you from getting it done the way you want.

And again, thank you for the kind words on the art I did for you! It was fun collaborating with you!

DRAG-ON's looking good! I'm not sure I've ever seen a muscle bike version of a CWC straight bar before, but I like the direction yours is heading! Hopefully the cold weather and the new job won't stop you from getting it done the way you want.

And again, thank you for the kind words on the art I did for you! It was fun collaborating with you!
Thanks @Bike from the Dead. I’m proud to have a piece of your art!💪🏻

The Thick Slick is mounted up to the new rim and ready to mount up. The wheel came to me very true which was a surprise. I need to work on a seat post shim and dial in a bunch of minor things. Hopefully some progress over the weekend. I do have a nice vintage Monarch Springer coming to me that will go on this build in a later rendition. Maybe some progress on the brake will happen soon. Paint arrived but I don’t think I’ll get the time and weather to paint. Currently locked out of the ability to edit my first post to update my title. I think this happened on the last build off. 🤔
IMG_4667.jpeg
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4670.jpeg
IMG_4669.jpeg
IMG_4659.jpeg

Currently locked out of the ability to edit my first post to update my title. I think this happened on the last build off. 🤔
Should be set now. It’s a custom toggle for the build offs outside of the standard settings for editing permission timelines

Latest posts

Back