DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a true visionary, no doupt!
If I may say so, the only thing I don´t like is the rims with different sets of spokes.
IMO it´s a bit restless like that.
Why did you go with that kind of set?

Been having a little fun with gifmaker. Here's another one from the drag strip. :D

RailLaunch_zpsb486020a.gif
lol. Best backdrop possible for your bike.

Thats

what I'm talking about!:rockout:
That's a calendar shot right there!!! Awesome! Just needs the Rena-man on top all poised to do some business down the quarter!
They wouldn't let me race without a fire suit and goggles. It think they just didn't want me showing up those combustion powered racers.:D
Your bike has got a wicked stance. Too Cool!!
Thanks!!
You are a true visionary, no doupt!
If I may say so, the only thing I don´t like is the rims with different sets of spokes.
IMO it´s a bit restless like that.
Why did you go with that kind of set?
I wish that I had some cool insightful answer, but the truth is, I just used what I had.:rolleyes: I really liked the front wheel because it has a dragster sort of look to it, but I couldn't come up with a suitable match for the rear. So I went with the widest rim that I had in my stash, and laced it to the Bendix hub because of the kickback two speed. In the end, I'm pretty happy with it.:)
lol. Best backdrop possible for your bike.
Thanks! I was very lucky to get those shots! After I had arranged to be there, a couple of teams payed for some pre-race practice runs in the right lane so I just moved to the left lane. It was awesome to see from the track! The only down side was that I didn't get as many "chain side" pictures as I would have otherwise.
Only thing this bike is missing is a doodad that makes vroomvroom sounds; oh what that's what the builder is for.
In my case, it's more of a grunting sound!:21:

Who won???:D
Unfortunately, he did. I red lighted.:(
Love your backdrop, it inspires me to want to find something as cool.
Man, you have never had a problem with great picture settings. I'm sure it'll be over the top!
RM,just a day dream smile but wouldn't it be good fun to get the Raceliner Dragster and the Drag-On in a photo shot both sitting on the line at the drags with the Christmas tree:grin:!!
That would be awesome! How close are you to Alabama?:D

There is one last thing that was discussed a few weeks back (on page 26) that I finished this past weekend. The guage started life as a speedometer but was refitted for duty as a tachometer.

Inspired by Spinal Tap, I made it go to eleven.:grin:

These go to eleven.
100_7940_zps6763cafe.jpg

Love the drag-gif and the pedalometer turned out one louder!!!
Sweet detail!!!! My speedo on Flexy maxxed out at 11 just past Ludicrous Speed.

Maybe you could work your photo magic after the build off if you free up some time.That photo shoot with the drags is just ultra cool:cool2:,I'd be great if you we're able to "run" the Raceliner against some of the other dragster themed build off bikes for fun .I'm gonna try to get my pics up today if the weather sweetens up a bit I hope.

Here's one of the small details that I hadn't discussed before.
I flipped the brake arm over and mounted it on top because of the traction bar/drop out brackets. The end actually sits on the frame and the bracket just holds it there.

100_7875_zpsa2b065e4.jpg

I don't think that this qualifies as a doodad, but the bracket is a funky shaped piece of aluminum that came off of an old bucket from an ice cream maker.

100_7799_zps85ce3ec8.jpg

Since fordsnake raised the bar by traveling over a thousand miles and spending more in gas alone than I did on my entire build, I'm reconsidering my location for my final photos.

It's going to be tough to make it happen on such short notice, but I now feel that it's important if I have any hopes of getting enough votes to try to win anything. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back