DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...this is the first time I've noticed the tailpipes! Nice.
Thanks. They will be used for hiding LED tail lights.

I've actually been working on the tail lights today. The wiring is routed through the frame and comes out near the head tube inside of the tank where it will be connected to a single switch for the headlights and tail lights.
100_7364_zps746660a8.jpg

I have become pretty fast at taking the bike completely apart and putting it back together. That will come in handy at the drag strip between passes!;):D

Last edited:
Thanks. They will be used for hiding LED tail lights.

I've actually been working on the tail lights today. The wiring is routed through the frame and comes out near the head tube inside of the tank where it will be connected to a single switch for the headlights and tail lights.
100_7364_zps746660a8.jpg

I have become pretty fast at taking the bike completely apart and putting it back together. That will come in handy at the drag strip between passes!;):D

Tail pipe lights! What's next for this incredible ride.

Anyone have suggestions about how to pry the bezel off without destroying it?

Easy, go with the big one:grin: And that tail pipe light teaser shot got me all tingly! Cant wait to see it with the bike assembled:thumbsup:

Add one more to your list of conversion tank customers. I've had a ladies Astro Flite frame that I kept threatening to cut up to weld to something else, but that tank gives it a real WOW look. I think I just found my next skinny tire project.

Your build is rockin'. I think you're on your way to finishing high in the standings.

Tail pipe lights! What's next for this incredible ride.
Next is the shifter and paint. Times running out!
Easy, go with the big one:grin: And that tail pipe light teaser shot got me all tingly! Cant wait to see it with the bike assembled:thumbsup:
I'm still torn between the small one and the big one, so I'm holding off while I focus on the other stuff for now.
Nice work on the tail pipe lights.
Was wondering if that was in your plans.
Tail-lights are awesome!

Luke.
Thanks, it's hard to get good pictures of lights.
Add one more to your list of conversion tank customers. I've had a ladies Astro Flite frame that I kept threatening to cut up to weld to something else, but that tank gives it a real WOW look. I think I just found my next skinny tire project.

Your build is rockin'. I think you're on your way to finishing high in the standings.
Thanks, I can't wait to see what other builders will do with the tanks! I've been too busy to get any more made and have already sold and shipped out the last two sets that I had. I'll contact you when I get caught up a little.

Digging the taillights! I missed them earlier.

One of the hallmarks of rat rodding is rusty metal.

Luckily, the frame that I chose was perfectly rusted before I started the build, so that saved me some work. Actually, most of the parts that I'm using already have a nice patina as is. However, the tank that I created is a different story all together.

From the start I knew that I wanted the tank to look original to the bike, and look equally as old and rusty. Of course fiberglass requires some manipulation to get it to rust :). The obvious solution is to paint some sort of faux rust, but I want REAL rust for the full authentic effect. I want people to argue with me when I tell them that I made it out of fiberglass. So, here goes...

As I've already posted, I'm starting with black primer. Next is the magic :grin:! I'm shooting a time lapse video that I will edit and post later when I have the available time. For now, here's the beginning of the transformation. You can see the time lapse camera and the tank in the beginning stage...
100_7368_zps06e68e94.jpg

Back