drag bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my latest build, it's a Giant Stiletto.
I've added a 700 C polished aluminum front rim with black spokes with a super skinny road bike tire.
The back wheel is an aluminum 24" er with black spokes. The rear tire is a Hoggy G 3.45" wide slick from 3-g bikes.
I added an old 5 speed stick shifter to the frame and cut a slot in the fake gas tank for the shifter. I made the shift knob out of an old miniature pool cue ball. Even tho the shifter is a 5 speed, the back wheel is a 7 speed. I have it set up to only shift 1-5 gears because the shifter woudl not accomadte the other 2 gears.
The handlebars are specialized aluminum mountain bike bars.
The rear fender and gas tank are going to be painted pagan gold flake and plans are to have them both pinstriped in white. (because the seat is black with white piping)
This bike was a total wreck when i got it, and the frame was about 90% rust.
The tank, chain guard and fender had been painted with a brush.
I'll probably call it the re-cycle-er because most of the parts that i'm using on it came from used, junk bikes. so far the only brand new parts are the tires.
bigchop10.jpg

bigchop12.jpg

shiftk2.jpg

Awesome! Great lookin bike! Can't wait to see the finished product! 8)

Thanks for the comments.
I posted a few of my other bikes here awhile back (they both have 2 stroke engines).
There will be a filler panel to cover the hole from the inside where the shifter comes through the tank to give it a more finished look.
I still have a lot of work to do before it's finished.

Sweet, I have been looking for a Giant Stelleto for years, still haven't found one yet. I want mine to be flat black with pinstriping and a big fat whitewall slick in back. :mrgreen:

dogdart said:
Great looking build :D That frame really looks like a drag bike . I'm interested to see what you do for a seat :p

I'll actually be using the original seat that came with the bike.
It's a solo seat that follows the contour of the frame and up the rear fender.
hard to explain, but i'll post pics when i have the seat on it.

Latest posts

Back