Dr. Tankenstein, here it is - well, what it evolved into...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Dr. T -
First of all, let me say thank you for your assistance when I summoned you in an effort to fit 24" X 3" Nirve Fata$$ tires onto a Huffy Cranbrook frame.

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. In frustration, I returned the tires and the 24" rims I had bought to support them to my favorite bike shop, Tempe Bicycle. They were nice enough to give me credit for my purchases, and below is what I ended up with:

photo1.jpg

Please pardon the picture I took directly of my laptop screen - I didn't get a "before" picture of the bike. In the interest of this post, this is the best I could do, so as to give you an idea of what I started with.

After removing the "stock" fenders, balloon tires, seat, pedals, stem and handlebars, this is my end result:

photo8.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Something interesting I discovered during this build was that the seat I found found for this bike was from Walmart, as well as the pedals. The interesting part? Both the pedals and the seat appear to be manufactured in the same facility as higher end parts of like - for half the price! Besides, the white piping on the Schwinn seat matches the Nirve ...... tires. :wink:

Let me know what you think - thanks!

DJ,
That looks great! I like that color with those tires. The angle on the seatpost is really raked back, should really make for a comfortable ride!

Sorry the 24s didn't work out, however, the 26s look awesome in their own right!

Cheers to ya bro!
Dr. T

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

That is a good looking frame. I didn't catch who makes it? It is pretty much a cool take on a pedal forward design.

Latest posts

Back