Double Nickle vs. UdallcustomBikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you could always just tie them to a string and drag them behind it :D

I took some time this morning working on the wiring for my headlight. Got a little careless and shorted the battery, burned my finger tip. Note to self: Get a fuse before wiring further.
Spent some down time at work working on some ideas for that bobbed fender. Two failures and one success left much of the fender in a scrap bin, but I have one good sized chunk left for a second successful idea if I can decide on how to mount it. I will get some pics posted in the morning of my one success from tonight.

Parts are all preped and ready to paint now as the weather turns foul again. I wonder if my brother in law would let me borrow his shop???

Fender remade into a head badge tribute to my competor.
SunJan24000015CST2010.jpg

Here's some pics of today's work- my seat (maybe) and the second fender project.

I am hoping I can clean up and recover this old Troxel saddle I have been holding on to.
Before:
SunJan24171641CST2010.jpg

SunJan24171657CST2010.jpg

After blasting:
SunJan24171734CST2010.jpg

SunJan24171753CST2010.jpg

Still rough, but there is still some good steel in there. I have some newer springs to put on it when I am done.

And the fender to rearview conversion took care of the last fender strut as well.
SunJan24173409CST2010.jpg

SunJan24173414CST2010.jpg

I stuck it on my work bike for the pics.
I still need to polish up the chrome a bit more and work on the handle bar mount a bit more before I can call it done.

BUILD UPDATE
I used the bracket from the back of the reflector, the Emory head badge, and the PURPLE PEDALs

100_2875.jpg

I used our on-going joke about the purple pedal eaters for my inspiration
100_2876.jpg

I aslo desided to name my bike THE PURPLE PEDAL EATER

im not gunna mount it as a permanent feature to the bike but i will for the final picture....im tellin you that i put alot of thought in those pedals..

Hahah I gotta say its pretty awsome...but I really like the 55 headbadge from my fender I gave to you...I still have three more small parts to use so you will just have to wait and see what else is in store... :lol:

Latest posts

Back