Double backwheeled Stingray Chooper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fireproof said:
mattp427 said:
. . . what do you mena by "jack shaft"?
Look closly at this photo . . . http://www.recyclart.org/2009/03/overkill-chopper/ See where the front chain is close to the frame and it goes to a sprocket ahead of the rear tire? That is a shaft (a "jack shaft"), supported at by bearings at both ends, and it has a second sprocket so a second chain can go to the rear hub. On that bike, the shaft is hard to see because the shaft is black, but there are two chains and four sprockets. A neat trick is to use a three-speed, internally-geared hub as a "jack shaft"! :wink:

Yeah i looked at those last night, thats what i thought it was. But, how could i like make it have gears and like a suicide shifter?

i just had an idea, i wonder if i did a hubless rear end? instead of havin the hassle of the spokes and all that. what do y'all think?

kingfish254 said:
He's been there-done that . . . right, Matt!

mattp427 said:
i just had an idea, i wonder if i did a hubless rear end? instead of havin the hassle of the spokes and all that. what do y'all think?
Hey Matt, I certainly do NOT want to underestimate your skills and abilities, but since you have never done an “Intro” here or told us what you can do, I don’t know what you are capable of accomplishing. BUT . . .I think that "the hassle of the spokes and all that" is pretty minor compaired to a hubless design. What do you think? :?

Fireproof said:
kingfish254 said:
He's been there-done that . . . right, Matt!

mattp427 said:
Hey Matt, I certainly do NOT want to underestimate your skills and abilities, but since you have never done an “Intro” here or told us what you can do, I don’t know what you are capable of accomplishing. BUT . . .I think that "the hassle of the spokes and all that" is pretty minor compaired to a hubless design. What do you think? :?

Well, i havent done an intro. becase i just cant really wxplain things but once i saw the hubless wheel design I knew that I had to do this I so appreciate you not doubting me, its hard find people that dont nowadays, but anyway i have an idea im just working on finding the time and place to do it.

If you decide to use a motorcycle tire, you may want to the consider the mounting jig I made for Fugsley.

kingfish254 said:
If you decide to use a motorcycle tire, you may want to the consider the mounting jig I made for Fugsley.

Um first off, im soooo gona need to know those dimensions of those fattsss!!!!!. Awesome!!. :!: :!: of coarse im gonna use a wider tire!

mattp427 said:
kingfish254 said:

Um first off, im soooo gona need to know those dimensions of those fattsss!!!!!. Awesome!!. :!: :!: of coarse im gonna use a wider tire!

Look on my Fugsley posts for the batch of Harley tires I picked up with full dimensions.

Okay, so what do you think of this i have a 20" rim to act as the "track" for something that i can bolt the chopper rims to. i just cant think of something to make the "whatever" i have inside the track rim to be able to spin freely and how to make it attached to the other rims. i think maybe Ball Bearings on the track rim might work? What do ya'll think?

Back