does your work have bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a job that lets you have a work bike? at the E&J Gallo winery we have a lot of bikes.

mine is a schwinn classic. it has some original paint still, the burgendy, and a little "claiming" paint. i found this one with flat tires warped, rusted rims and a stiff chain.

after some new tires, rims and oiling the chain its my daily driver. i love this bike.

20120321160449.jpg

IMG610.jpg

lets see some more work bikes!

I work in a factory that builds airplanes for Boeing. There are hundreds of bikes all over the factory, Giant Simple Singles, Mohawk Industrial bikes and trikes, Worksman Movers trikes, Emorys and some Huffy Cranbrooks. I am an Overhead Crane Operator and out organization has about 35 bikes currently. Mostly the Simples with a few Cranbrooks and one ragged old Schwinn.

I had two bikes until a couple weeks ago. My first was a Custom Cranbrook.

90wrcm.jpg

29m9lzb.jpg

A quarter to show how close the seat was to the tire
16jfqsi.jpg

Normally we have to share bikes between shifts but there were a few of us that could get away with being the only one on our bike. Unfortunately with more people hiring in on other shifts I was going to have to share mine, so I tore it down and returned it to stock.

My other bike is an Emory that I pieced together out of scrap bins throughout the plant. I made use of one of the large and secluded blast cabinets and made all the nasty industrial yellow paint go away. I left the frame bare and after two years the patina is coming along nicely. These pics are about a year and a half old.

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

The building I work in is just too small to use a bike. We're only about 30K square feet, including the office area. Much of the shop space is subdivided between the production area, lab, machine shop and warehouse, so the actual open aisleway is fairly small - and the playground of the tow motors. I also have no need to get from, say, the office to the lab (opposite ends of the building) is such a hurry that a bike would beneficial. That said, I do often keep a bike here in the summer - to go riding at lunchtime...

that emory is a sweet ride!

i have to stash my bike in different hiding spots around the winery every night to make sure no one steals it and puts their divisions paint color on it. the production workers are notorious for stealing the mechanics bikes and putting their paint on it, or stealing the parts for their bikes.

I work maintenance in a huge plant. I walk on average 9 miles a day. We need bikes, but it would have to be trikes. Our floors are real smooth. Im working on it.....

When I was in the Marines, many of the aircraft mechanics rode bicycles to fetch parts, tools, etc.

Our site Fermilab is a 10 sq mile area they have a stock of Sun cruisers for visiting scientists we use our own when we do not have to carry equipment. We have bike paths paved roads single track and gravel roads.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

We don't but we could.

We're on about 35 acres and I have to service computers all over.
If it's one of the close buildings and I don't have to carry something like a desktop computer or a monitor, I usually walk it.
Anything else I use a golf cart.

This old Jc Higgins was used for over 30+ years at Vandenberg Air Force Base Ca, running parts ! Who knows it could have hauled stuff for the space shuttle and many sattelite rockets before being retired... 8) :mrgreen:
higgins.jpg
higgins3.jpg

awesome bikes! there are also some torker "Big T" at my work and a few trikes, some wine makers and inventory staff use electras.

I work in a manufacturing plant and all of the maintenance and ECT have Husky trikes. We have over 50 acres under the roof.

When i was still in the Marines we had trikes to use when working on the flightline. Our line was huge so they really came in handy! They only lasted about 2 months though...Haha...

I'm currently an un-employed mechanic so I am now a self employed full time tinker-er and work on bikes every day. :mrgreen: Surprisingly some weeks I make more off of flipping bikes than I did working!

Latest posts

Back