Does this ever happen to you?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cleaning and sorting through what seems to be endless piles of parts and junk, and *CLICK* you get an idea for the bike?
Happened to me today...

Frame is a junk huffy I got not to long ago, I got the forks from Oggy a while ago, the wheels are the 24"x2.35" Kenda Krusaders. I don't know about them... I'll have to see.
Any suggestions? :D

CIMG0064.jpg

that happend to me a bunch of times! first it was this:
DSCN5886.jpg

then this:
DSCN6418.jpg

and then this!:
DSCN5892.jpg

oh and i say you try and use one headtube, not two. :p but it looks good! its all red.

i'm not sure but cant you simply cut the forks to fit !? :D

That's why it's taken me over three years to get my shop/storage unit straightened out! I get going really good, then I find something that looks cool and next thing I know, I'm trying it with all kinds of stuff and everything's all over the place! This also happens with my bike builds. I'll be working on one bike and I get an idea while looking at another frame or something, then I'm off to try it out!

As far as the cutting of the headset or fork ....
Take the bike and cut it's headtube into just a little less than half going from the top to bottom. You might have to stretch it a bit wider, then wedge the new headtube into the remaining headtube. Bend the old headtube so it wraps around the new headtube and weld it in. This is an easy way to keep everything straight. now just weld, grind and add a little Bondo. I hope this make sense. The old headtube when cut , should act as a cradle for the new tube to set in.

Latest posts

Back