dissapointed joy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a heads up on exactly what I did. I sprayed the sprocket inside and out with denatured alcohol ( while still attached to the bike ) then blew it out with an air nozzle. I then sprayed the inside of the sprocket with PB blaster from both sides while laying the bike on the bench. I let this sit for a few hours and again wiped down the exterior and blew out the inside the best that I could. Finally I squirted light oil into the cassette, wiped off any excess and let it stew again for a short while. Gave her a couple cranks on the bench and it was engaging. Rode it around for 15 mins or so and called it repaired. :D
I am not certain if this was the "proper" way of doin the job but from the info I was gathering it seemed like an easy way to start.
Thank you for the heads up on the cassette removal though. I will certainly heed that warning if I ever come across a issue deeper then this one.

iven said:
so i dont get it, is he keeping it or what?

No I am not. Just goofin about telling him it will take a long time to fix so that I can ride it. I will call him up and sadly return his bike to him ready to ride.

slowriderz said:
iven said:
so i dont get it, is he keeping it or what?

No I am not. Just goofin about telling him it will take a long time to fix so that I can ride it. I will call him up and sadly return his bike to him ready to ride.
:/
should offer hims omething else for it :p

Back