disgruntled craigslist biker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got snubbed by a "road bike" guy at a bike shop, overheard him sayin his Trek was vandalized by ****ing kids in his apartment complex. I asked the shop guy if he had any used cruiser bikes for sale, Then goes on and on how out of date "those" bikes are and theres a reason why you find so many of em at bike shops, theyre junk. Just told him thats all fine and dandy but if my bike gets stolen or "vandalized" by ####ing road bike guys, im out $50 bucks, how much you willin to spend today? :mrgreen: , he retaliated and kept on talkin bout "performance stuff" but i stopped listenin after that.

Hooch said:

Don't let the Lycra Lout get under your skin. You can't buy advertising like that!

I guess it must hurt to lay all that money down on high tech machinery and clothing and see someone ride by wearing a T-shirt and cutoffs and an ear to ear grin on a bike that cost less than your pedals. I bet the guy even has a "Share The Road" bumper sticker pasted on the back of his Subaru Outback.

Yeah, I guess some people out there don't thoroughly enjoy the excitment of the European soccer leagues! :)

Hugo

Don't read the CL bike forum then. Those guys are always making fun of vintage and in disbelief over vintage bike prices.

I find it funny that there is this war of words going on over cycling that is focused on the lycra snobs. Who cares, most of em are just fad-following over-consumers driving the economy for the rest of us.
I ride with a group every once in a while that for me defines cycling. It is a loose fragment off of the critical mass organization and includes young and old, MTBs and fixed gears, hippies and professionals, beach cuisers, road bikes...anything. It is a group of people that get together to ride around the city on bikes at a slow pace-to promote cycling without the cliquey BS that comes with most cycling clubs.
Then I ride with a couple of full on vintage bike clubs that have gladly accepted my retro-rat non resto tendencies (at least so far). They ride bikes worth more than my car while I ride my econo rat...nobody cares because it is about riding and getting together. The lycra weight weenies will never understand and that is fine with me.
Hooch, getting into a flame war with anybody on the net is a waste of good energy that should be used for something productive.

12bcruzin said:
getting into a flame war with anybody on the net is a waste of good energy that should be used for something productive.

Now go use some of that energy to build more decent bikes for my fellow "poor," "retro cruisin," college kids. (College rats can be pretty wild, ie no brakes, tires and all painted, baskets/milk crates/racks everywhere, derailers that kind of work, tires that used to be knobies but are now slicks, rusted chains. I love looking around the racks at my school)

:( :( I'm bummed!I'cant see what the JACK*SS had 2 say today!It's been removed! Fill me in!L8 EM

Thank you for a very funny thread. I laughed so hard, I fell off my chair! We have a big debate on CL Montreal about bike thieves. Especially this "Albert" guy who's been reported to Police 3 times and is still in business.Spandex ..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love it :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: KEV!!! You told that spandex *beep* lol!!!

To everyone that has lobbed over general "lycra" insults look at yourselves.
If a comment to the tune of "roadies are idiots" made by someone who rides a vintage cruiser, does that give them the right to trash everyone else who does? I'm not gonna stand idly by and listen to this from either side of the fence. I hope this is the last time that I have to say this, I'm tired of this.....
Otherwise let's keep it business as usual.

peace.

mastershake916 said:
If a comment to the tune of "roadies are idiots" made by someone who rides a vintage cruiser, does that give them the right to trash everyone else who does? I'm not gonna stand idly by and listen to this from either side of the fence. I hope this is the last time that I have to say this, I'm tired of this.....

peace.

Ok, I apologize for the "Lycra Lout" comment. Truth be known, I'm just jealous because nobody wants to see me in a Lycra suit.
Are the European Soccer Leagues fair game? :D

Seriously though, I think everyone here knows this guy wasn't elected to represent all roadies. He's just a mean spirited person in general. Anyone who takes the time to read a couple days worth of postings on this forum knows that Hooch doesn't deserve the crap this guy is heaping on him.

I wear my Girlfriends Underwear ever once and a while.

The Quality of Cotton seems to be Much better.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Clothespin "n" said:
I wear my Girlfriends Underwear ever once and a while.

The Quality of Cotton seems to be Much better.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Too much information! :oops:

Lightfoot said:
mastershake916 said:

peace.

Ok, I apologize for the "Lycra Lout" comment. Truth be known, I'm just jealous because nobody wants to see me in a Lycra suit.
Are the European Soccer Leagues fair game? :D

Seriously though, I think everyone here knows this guy wasn't elected to represent all roadies. He's just a mean spirited person in general. Anyone who takes the time to read a couple days worth of postings on this forum knows that Hooch doesn't deserve the crap this guy is heaping on him.
Yeah it's fine, I just wanted to put it out there. Hooch defiantly doesn't deserve that.

I'm sorry if it came out bad, but I too was having a laugh at THAT guy. One of my best buddies is a roadie and we understand our differences very well with mutual respect. I would go and generalize with "bike snobs" of all variety. I've met them in all forms, roadie, lowrider, cruiser and mountain bikes.

mastershake916 said:

peace.

I'll bite too. My friend and I that demean those who wear spandex while riding do so knowing full and well that it only directed at the snobie individuals. On our cruisers, we usually get complimented about how cool they look. On our 70's ten speeds we get made fun of for "outdated technology." Those who make fun our ten speeds are on multi thousand dollar, racing, carbon fiber, pinicales of technology. Incidentaly they happen to be wearing a few hundred dollars of spandex/lycra/tights. Most people think we're cool, but that could just be our awsome shades. 8) (ok so maybe not that last bit)

However, I have a friend who races, wears ity-bity shorts (he's got mid-quad tan line), and owns a few multi thousand dollar pinicales of bicycle technology. And he doesn't care what you ride.

I'd agree arogence is a very dangerous thing.

Back