disc brakes on 3G 57mm rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im contemplating running disc brakes on my next build on which I will be running 3g 57mm rims is there a way to run disc on them. Is my only option to change out the coaster hub to a disc hub or are there other options. Thanks

Just lace disc hubs into the 3G set....make sure you go 3x, and measure everything carefully before using edd or spokecalc or whatever calculator you use before ordering new spokes.

There are some very dubious universal brake adaptors, but disc hubs can be had for cheap, so why not do it right? This is 2014 and decent disc hubs start at like $20... make your bike awesome...

Thanks for the input! Bicycle808 I plan on it! This is gonna be my personal bike so im sparing no expense with the concept I have in my head im sure its gonna be a real head turner!

If I decide to run disc brakes im not sure on the hub but if I decide to just run coaster brake then ill just stick with the stock hub the 3Gs come with

Back