dip it paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used it before. It's great for temporary coverage, or stuff you may not be sure you want to paint, but it's most definately not as hard or long lasting as a true paint and clear.

I've also used the rustoleum brand, flexidip, which seems even softer than plasti dip.

As an experiment I bought the rattle can of it and I was not impressed with its durability. That said, I did multiple surface types and I noticed that it sticks to glossy paint WAY better than mat or rough finishes. I drop tested everything from about 1'-0" and i noticed less nicks on the glossy surface materials. I would recommend a very clean and very slick surface to apply it. Also, I would build it up slow but don't let it get too dry before the next coat. I had better adhesion and durability in the areas I built up slowly. I would only reccomend it for areas that will not see alot of contact from rocks or body parts. Im planning on doing a set of hubs here sometime soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back