Die Grinder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angled or straight?

• Angled

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • straight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
depends on what you use it on !!!

TIGHT SPOTS / LIMITED SPACE - STRAIGHT

PLENTY OF SPACE / EASILY ACCESSIBLE - ANGLED

just my opinion :mrgreen:

Why is it called a 'die grinder' ?

(I once had to translate the word for an internet-site, couldn't find it and translated it straight out of Dutch: rectangular grinder :lol: )

I use the angled type, works fine, but I can imagine a straight one being handier in tight spots, like CCR says.

Easy Skywalker said:
Why is it called a 'die grinder' ?

straight is the handiest, i think the angled is more comfortable to use, but the straight comes in handy when you NEED it and its almost as comfortable to use

stolen \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

"Die grinder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A die grinder is a handheld tool which turns a burr or mounted abrasive stone at high speed. It is usually powered by compressed air. The burr or stone is held in a collet and may be changed out as required. Unlike a rotary tool, a die grinder has no speed control.

Die grinders are used to grind or cut away small amounts of metal from a workpiece. The name comes from their use in touching up hardened steel dies."

Straight for sure..
you can always add a 90* angled fitting with a swivel after to get the Angle if you want it...

but if you buy the Angled one..YOUR STUCK with that 90* angle all the time!

I prefer to use the Straight one's myself.

Kev.

I say both. Go to Harbor Freight tools and get one of each. Get the straight one for $9.99 on sale, and the angled for $ 14.99 on sale. Had both of mine for over five years now. Just keep em oiled.

Back