Did someone say lurking FL NOOB?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first post was to RAT ROD, so I guess I already broke the rules!

Anyway, I've had a trike that I've dragged with me for the past 10 years form house to house. I always say I'm gonna do something with it cause the patina on it is perfect! I started researching for "custom bikes" on google to get ideas and came across this site years ago!! Been lurking this site on and off now for over 4 years but never signed up. I enjoy the atmosphere in which everyone conducts themselves. Everyone is very supportive even if the design or idea doesn't fit their likings. The fact that no one curses is a plus! This is a site I can have my girls read and possibly partake in. Now that they are older and can all ride bikes, I think it's time to build one!

I am very involved with early air-cooled VWs and frequent a lot of VW related sites. I've noticed that VW peeps seem to have a pairing to bikes as well. I've always loved piecing bikes together from different bikes when I was younger. It was always looked down by my friends as they always had new bikes every year for Christmas! I've always gravitated to BMXs and skateboards but now that I'm older I've come to appreciate the older vintage bikes.

I've tried to get my girls involved with my VWs but I guess they see it as out of their league. Maybe a bike build will be something they can relate to! First I have to find a bike to build...

WELCOME to the site i see alot Floridians coming out the wood work... this a great site and well theres alot to learn here ...

Back