Detroit lives

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.palladiumboots.com/exploration/detroit

"Once the fourth-largest metropolis in America—some have called it the Death of the American Dream. Today, the young people of the Motor City are making it their own DIY paradise where rules are second to passion and creativity. They are creating the new Detroit on their own terms, against real adversity. We put our boots on and went exploring."

A story of hope 8)

Yeah I'm still of the opinion Detroit stole the glory from my home town.
Kokomo, In built the FIRST gas powered car yet besides the Chrysler transmission plant and the Delco (GM) Radio plant, there is NOTHING here. Downtown looks like a ghost town.
46,113 people at the 2000 census.

Detroit just took our idea and made it better and they take over the automotive show, Now they're shutting Detroit down. The Detroit–Windsor area has a total population of about 5,700,000.

Now I guess Toyota will bring the market back to Indiana....... :roll:
Maybe if we're all lucky they will build something cool with an old-school look............

Just to let those of you NOT from Michigan know. While a few small areas of Detroit are being refurbished, the bulk of the city is a toilet. Most of the revitalization is taking place either in a small part of downtown that has always been upgraded for the large corporate offices, high end restaurants and sports complexes or the surrounding suburbs get lumped together with Detroit.

Detroit sucks dry any money the state gives them and uses it foolishly a large percentage of the time. I live over 40 miles away from Detroit and occassionally the city takes credit for things our community has done! My county and other counties surrounding Detroit, bail out the city regularly, as do several of the cities surrounding the crap hole.

Every since I was a kid my county, Oakland county, has shifted funds or sent in our county workers to help the city of Detroit and Wayne County. Because of auto thefts in Detroit, residents of Oakland county pay higher premiums, even if we don't go near Detroit! I'm sure that ALL types of increases in insurance in Michigan and some of the our neighboring states is a direct result of Detroit!

Even the few good things that the city has/had to offer are being destroyed by their greed and ignorance.

Two years ago the city was trying to pass a law requiring ALL bicyclist to have a license plate/tag on their bikes. There would have been a fine and possible impound of ANY bike on the streets of Detroit without a license. Even for people visiting the city! And you would only be able to get the license during the weekdays and during normal business hours, something like 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. I'm not sure but I think the fee was like $5.00 per bike and the city would mount them on your bike so you couldn't figure out a way to transfer it from bike to bike. It never passed, mainly because Detroit's police offecers refused to waste their time writing bicycle tickets!

I could go on and on about my hatred towards the city, but I'll stop here!

Man at $5 a bike they better not come near my stash of bikes.....I could ride a different one every day for a month and not ride the same one twice......And often I switch bikes just to get a variety of riding. There's no way I could afford to keep licence plates on every bike

Im with Chainsaw.. The citys a dump.. The downtown venues are all it has.. I wished i could have seen it in its hayday however. Alot of the old buildings still stand, vacant and decrepit. The architectural design on some of the stuff is just cool looking. But yeah, The citys ghetto. :( Scum, drugs, and violence have ruined it all.

darn hipsters first they raise the price of my diamond frame bikes now this? :(

Back