Detroit Double Diamond

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a new build last night the Detroit Double Diamond
DSCN1682.jpg
DSCN1676.jpg
DSCN1677.jpg

Looks like you have a killer build going. Where did you score the diamond shape tube? Keep us updated on this one will ya?

This pic is where I left off last night
DSCN1678.jpg

Today I installed the top tubes
DSCN1686.jpg

Installed seat and determined crank position
DSCN1693.jpg

DSCN1684.jpg

nice! i hope your going to put longer bars on it. :shock:

Work continues installed cranks today
DSCN1698.jpg

IMG]http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss37/wheelenwilly/DSCN1696.jpg[/IMG]

Very cool concept, and very rigid I'm sure. How come so many neat things are made in Detroit?

Well it is painted and on its way to Scrapyard Choppers for some lettering. One wek left before Detroit Autorama and Custom Bike Show.
DSCN1805.jpg

Here are finish pics. The show wieght of the bike is 59 pounds it is 8' 2" long the seat is 22" off the ground. i used 5 bike chains on this build 3 for the drive train and 2 for the hand grips. I used parts from 3 giant dub choppers, wcc chopper, jessie james chopper and occ chopper to create this build. The frame is made from 1 1/4" diamond tubing the custom handle bars are 1" diamond tubing. I am rollin on 20" wheels with 3" wide skins. This bike is also just as fast as it looks let me know if you want to race.The build took 2nd place in the hand built mild custom class and also took best custom frame award at the autorama this weekend.
DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

Smokey said:
Very cool, does that sprocket just float?
Yes the sprocket just floats in one spot and just goes round and round it will stay there when i ride but I will just leave it in for shows and they call it a Ghost Ring.

Latest posts

Back