Design a new cruiser and get a free bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have this bike company that sponsors a link on my blog, I was snooping around the site and found this contest they're having. They are asking people to design a new cruiser for their 2008 line up and will give a bike to the winning designer. I will send in my idea for sure and thought that some of you would be interested as well. Here's the link:http://www.beachbikes.net/index.php?p=page&page_id=design_bike

Mine will definitely including ape hangers. Contest closes in November. Budz, you should submit the furniture bike. :mrgreen:

xddorox said:
Hey guys, I have this bike company that sponsors a link on my blog, I was snooping around the site and found this contest they're having. They are asking people to design a new cruiser for their 2008 line up and will give a bike to the winning designer. I will send in my idea for sure and thought that some of you would be interested as well. Here's the link:http://www.beachbikes.net/index.php?p=page&page_id=design_bike

Mine will definitely including ape hangers. Contest closes in November. Budz, you should submit the furniture bike. :mrgreen:
Rules say it is only open to US residents.

Im going to give it a shot. What should i use guys, Paint or a pencil, I can get it scanned at cvs.

Xdd, Great find! I'd write the company and tell them that you advertise for them on your site and the Canadian people deserve to be allowed into this contest or be given their own contest! Tell them they should offer a CanAm bike! 8)

Ricky, I envisioned you as more of an artist/designer who would use macaroni to design a bike. :mrgreen: But Crayon would be good or sidewalk chaulk.

I'll mention that when I send in my entry chainsaw. I just choked myself laughing with the crayon and macaroni thing! Ricksterr, make sure you share your design with us after you send it in. You never know, it might win.

"Remember son the first step to failure is trying"- Homer Simpson :mrgreen:

My main concern is once you've submitted a design it belongs to them wether you win or not. It would be way cool to have a bike profesionaly built but as I read the rules you couldn't tell anyone that you designed it.

4. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture date storage) which Shaw may deem appropriate.

And

6. By submitting an entry entrants are waiving their ownership of their design and after submission agree that Beachbikes.net takes over full ownership. Beachbikes.net has the right to use any designs and ideas submitted to the contest even if they are not chosen as the winner. If Beachbikes.net manufacturers a bicycle based on an entrants design submitted to the contest, whether it be the winners’ or another entrant, the entrant agrees he/she will not be entitled to any royalty payments.

I have a bike drawn up but I'm not sure if I'll send it or not, I probably will...Kelly

be very carefull about submitting designs. when the schwinn rep came to my shop he loved my lucky 7 schwinn kustom and took a bunch of pics that he wanted to show the uper brass. i made him sign a sheet saying that it was my design and that i would be compensated if they decided to build it. at least i have something to argue with i guess. think of it if an electronics company asked customers to submit ideas and the winner would get one of what they came up with. imagine if the winner invented the calculator? :shock:

The way I see it, I will never have the time, money and ressources to mass produce my own bike. That's the only reason why I'm considering giving up a design and just see what happens with it knowing fully that I might not get anything out of it. But I do see your point karfer/Kelly and it's an extremely valid one for anybody thinking about sending a design to these people.

:( Everybody picking on me.. I can draw fine with a pencil thanks Jim.

xddorox said:
The way I see it, I will never have the time, money and ressources to mass produce my own bike. That's the only reason why I'm considering giving up a design and just see what happens with it knowing fully that I might not get anything out of it. But I do see your point karfer/Kelly and it's an extremely valid one for anybody thinking about sending a design to these people.
I completly agree with you Gerry. the chances of me ever having my own bicycle factory is nil which is why I am considering giving them a drawing. How cool would it be to have a bike mass produced? I guess my beef is that I would like a little recognition for the design, a $700 bike is a pretty cheap pay off for a bike company that will make tons of cash on the designs that are sent in...Kelly

Back