der Rod Baron +++KOMPLETZEI+++

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Al Ti-'Tude- goes all Tarzan on me 6/05

skillsthebarber said:
Now thats a sexy looking bike, but I think i like the first set of handlebars better.

I definitely like the LOOK of the first set of bars, but I needed a touch more rise for comfortable riding, and it's pretty important to me that I can ride this thing. I have an Idea for a different set of bars, but it's going to take a little precision cutting to make them happen. I think the "box" section of those BMX cruiser bars are just a little too wide for this bike as it sits now, but I'm going to ride with them for a week or two before I give the big heave-ho.

bars1.jpg

Cut a set of old Haro SlimBars, leaving a couple of nubs at the bottom. A quick coat of semi-gloss black, some old grips and some bar plugs, and then...
bars2.jpg

A couple of aluminum clip-on clamps... to be filled later.

Mounted up:
bars3.jpg

imagearchy said:
were can i get a pair of those clip on clamps?
I grabbed them off a cheap pocketbike that somebody was throwing away. One hole is 7/8" and the other is 1"

Re: der Rod Baron (prev:Al Ti-'Tude) tank panels (7/19)

So many bikes that I didn't see the first time around. This is a very cool build with a modern frame. Looking forward to seeing the tank panels installed. NICCCCCCCCEEEE!!!!!!

Hey Gowjobs,

The aluminum on that tank is going to look great with the bare al frame.
Can't wait to see them together.

Keep up the good work.

Sweet 8)

YO!! NICE!! I'M LIKE MILTON BERLE(R.I.P) AFTER THIS BUILDOFF I'M STEALING ALL Y'ALLS STUFF!! :mrgreen: ...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Panels are on, but will come back off this weekend... going to add fenderwelt or something between them and the frame - maybe glue something on the backside to keep the reverb to a minimum when I ride... it's like every creak is amplified 10x. I think they look great, though.

Latest posts

Back