Der Baron Builds Der Blitzen Bike - Update 03/14

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work and der postman had rung twice. Zis is what he had droppen offen one of der Luftwaffle's assets:

blitz02.jpg

So, vhat is der Baron doing vith zis now?

blitz03.jpg

He first swappen der bent fork wizz der straight fork:

blitz04.jpg

Zen he adden der Messerschmidt tires and der suicide handlebar:

blitz06.jpg

Ze next day it looken like zis:

blitz07.jpg

And it has der pre-war right-wing nuts:

blitz08.jpg

:lol:

Now der Baron has ze Blitzen Bike!

Re: Der Baron Builds Der Blitzen Bike

Nice! Judging from the #2 pic -- I'd say you did some kind of mod on the handle bars. Some cutting/bending perhaps? That's a good look!

I installed a shortened moon I had lying around. Looks better than the alloy north road. Keep it all chrome. I meanwhile swapped it again for something totally whacky. Stay tuned for more pics.

Cool build, I take it you have a thing for German aircraft?

necessaryevil said:
I take it you have a thing for German aircraft?

Naw, I just got this frame shipped over from a vendor in Germany. Brillliant bloke, excellent prices and service.

Now sis is a nice bike!
Ze red tires look great with all that chrome.
Btw...I like the word "Luftwaffle"....funny.

Ze Kaiser

Jahvoll Herr Kaiser, thanks, m8!

It is finished now. Well, sort of. A bike is never finshied, is it not? I'll post more pics soon. It's too dark when I get home from work, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to shoot decent photos.

Ratfink1962 said:
Your wife lets you build bikes in the parlor?

Or did she yell at you to clean that Messerschmidt up? lol

Either way, lookin awesome!

Not a problem. The parlour is only accessible through the library and there is no TV in it, therefore my wife and kids never go there. I mainly use it as my office. But it has an exit to the yard and across is the bike shed.

that is the first "chrome" frame cruiser i have seen done that i like very well done

Almost finished. Disregard the pedals, please. I just didn't manage to obtain something suitable yet.

blitz09.jpg

blitz10.jpg

Der Baron, ready to take on die Autobahn:

blitz11.jpg

Nice bike! :) The seat and the brown grips and tires looks great with all that chrome! An the helmet...matches... :lol:

that's a cool looking bike. i'd wack those handlebars back about where the top of the grips are now.

Looks great Baron von Zach. Whats wrong couldn't you find a chrome rear sprocket? Just joking!

Quanah said:
Looks great Baron von Zach. Whats wrong couldn't you find a chrome rear sprocket? Just joking!

That would be correct, sir. Neither have I sorted out a plating service in da 'hood yet. I also didn't find suitable pedals, unless I pay more than the rest of the bike cost me to build (NOT joking!). For these reasons, the bike will remain in the bike building section for the time being.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that's a cool looking bike. i'd wack those handlebars back about where the top of the grips are now.

It crossed my mind. Then I opted to be different from all the ones who want to be different.

Back