Decided not to go with the candy green...Updated 12/30/09!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Found a nice Metal Flake paint, Duplicolor Metal Specks (Burnt Copper), I am decided use to refinish the bike... :mrgreen:

5.JPG

basic Micargi Falcon frameset w/triple tree fork setup and apehangers. laced some hoops to Nexus 3spdi and std freewheel hub (w/disc brake converter), then added some streetsweeper fenders and new saddle and grips, whitewalls...voila!

Headbadge ideas anyone?

Re: Decided not to go with the candy green on this one...

Yeah, looks good. I like the wire fender braces. They disappear in the spokes. Nice!

looks good. question(s). it that fork stock on that bike? and is it a 1 inch steer tube? I want one exactly like it. Im look for one you can run the front fender with the crown brace.

toyota_boy85 said:
looks good. question(s). it that fork stock on that bike? and is it a 1 inch steer tube? I want one exactly like it. Im look for one you can run the front fender with the crown brace.

this fork is stock on the Micargi, or you could order it with a springer fork. but you can pretty much get the same fork setup from anywhere...like choppersus or chainganglowrider. just make sure you get the disc brake tabs if that is the way you'll go in terms of brakes.

JLarkin said:
Yeah, looks good. I like the wire fender braces. They disappear in the spokes. Nice!

thanks, I really did like how that part turned out. I even eliminated one brace for the rear fender.

but I really do think the candy granny smith green would have been much nicer. maybe next spring it will get a special 'cleaning'

thanks for the kind words gents...any ideas on pinstriping color to accent the silver on red?

ratdaddy said:
beautiful bike. I dig streetsweepers alot, and they fit this bike to a "T".

jeff

yeah, once I saw a set on another bike, I knew I had to have them.

sensor said:
black lines

done. sets up a nice contrast, thanks for the suggestion.

and it now sports 26x2.125 Kenda Flame both front and rear, really makes the fenders stand out vice the white-walls.

tried a 26x3 Kenda Flame in the rear, but the 'stays' need to be massaged for clearance, and the fender hardware does not clear. but that is a project for another weekend.

so I get to looking the cruiser over while tending to the drivetrain on my roadie, and it is then I decide that the "usual candy red" just won't do any longer. I think to my younger days of old, when my pops was cruisin his freshly built '56 F100. I remember the orange-ish/gold-ish metal flake that I thought was awesome, low and behold I'm cruising the aisle on my way to the register at the auto-parts store and notice a can that reads 'Metal Specks' or something like that. Duplicolor, Metal Flake like paint in a can. Awesome! And in a Burnt Copper color to boot? It's on. Yeah I know this is not the typical mix and spray I usually do, nor is it the powdercoat finish I tend to use on my metal frames, but I figure I'll give it a shot.

So I shoot a sample piece (2x), chainguard, and clear it (2x)...wow, I'm impressed with what Duplicolor has done for us 'ol school'rs that still dig the metal flake finishes of past.

Guess what I'll be doing over the holidays... :mrgreen:

sensor said:
some odd ball colors to think about...
autoramafeb92008037.jpg

and no....gambino didnt mind the boy leaning on it :roll:

you know what i'm talking 'bout

teaser pic...waitin on pedals, and run wiring/cabling internally

DSC01301.JPG

screw_dup said:
duplicolor burnt copper like BLAM!!!

You know exactly what i'm screamin bout. I'm diggin your choice of colors as well, sweet build you got goin on.

Back