Dayton

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just a glorified Huffy! Rides great!

e9ybe5eq.jpg

pu2u4u9y.jpg

9azebu4a.jpg

ry3yha8e.jpg

I've seen a Walmart Huffy get more attention in a Fresh Finds Thread than this:21::21::21:

oh well, It's already at its new home now anyways!

I've seen a Walmart Huffy get more attention in a Fresh Finds Thread than this:21::21::21:

oh well, It's already at its new home now anyways!

Maybe that's the reason for lack of enthusiasm? You found it congrats. But I knew you wouldn't keep it and planned to sell it for a profit. Speaking for myself that keeps me from getting excited about any bike you find and post. That's just me though. Nothing personnel, that's the way I feel about any bike flippers bikes. They're mostly vintage merchandise for the flipper so I don't get the feel happies for flippers like I do for regular bike enthusiasts. Nothing wrong with making a profit but for me it doesn't fuel enthusiasm for your finds.

Is that how it was found...with the shorty fender in the back and the cool mini apes with streamers?

If so, seems like the perfect set up....even the rack looks cool on it too.

Maybe that's the reason for lack of enthusiasm? You found it congrats. But I knew you wouldn't keep it and planned to sell it for a profit. Speaking for myself that keeps me from getting excited about any bike you find and post. That's just me though. Nothing personnel, that's the way I feel about any bike flippers bikes. They're mostly vintage merchandise for the flipper so I don't get the feel happies for flippers like I do for regular bike enthusiasts. Nothing wrong with making a profit but for me it doesn't fuel enthusiasm for your finds.

hmmm....Well..........flipping bikes is actually putting me through college right now. One day Ill have a nice job that will pay the bills and i might be able to keep more. The guy that I sell them to usually appreciates what I do, so in the end, those are the guys I need to please :D

Maybe I need to show everyone my collection.
(I promise, I do keep all the good ones I find...I am a regular "bike enthusiast")

Last edited:
Is that how it was found...with the shorty fender in the back and the cool mini apes with streamers?

If so, seems like the perfect set up....even the rack looks cool on it too.

Actually I bought this bike for a customer who specifically put me on the hunt for one like it. He wanted a simple late 50's early 60's men's cruiser with ape hangers.

When I found this one, it had standard bars, I added the apes and bobbed the fender per his request :cool2:...he's a Hot Rod guy

hmmm....Well..........flipping bikes is actually putting me through college right now. One day Ill have a nice job that will pay the bills and i might be able to keep more. The guy that I sell them to usually appreciates what I do, so in the end, those are the guys I need to please :D

(I promise, I do keep all the good ones I find...I am a regular "bike enthusiast")

Flipping bikes paid for my associates degree, and bought me my first hot rod! No hate!

Oh, and nice Wal-Mart Huffy... :grin:

I must be in the same boat as you Tyler since I rarely get much of a response for my finds either. I flip as many bikes as you do, probably close to a hundred a year with the majority being nice examples of balloon tire bicycles that many would be happy to have in there collection. The way I look at it is people like us are doing a great service for this hobby by bringing often forgotten bicycles out of basements and barns and back to the streets. I know Im pretty enthusiastic about that! Keep doin' what you do brother...I know the future of this hobby is in great hands with youngins like you.

I must be in the same boat as you Tyler since I rarely get much of a response for my finds either. I flip as many bikes as you do, probably close to a hundred a year with the majority being nice examples of balloon tire bicycles that many would be happy to have in there collection. The way I look at it is people like us are doing a great service for this hobby by bringing often forgotten bicycles out of basements and barns and back to the streets. I know Im pretty enthusiastic about that! Keep doin' what you do brother...I know the future of this hobby is in great hands with youngins like you.

Thanks Bri! Really appreciate the kind words

Thanks Bri! Really appreciate the kind words

I'm trying to become a Double Nickle myself. I think it's cool that you flip bikes and have your own little business going.

The parts I've been selling have been paying for my gas and fun. Finally found a job and going for an interview this week. I still want to flip bikes and do my own business thing, its a nice way to make easy money! :113:

I'm trying to become a Double Nickle myself. I think it's cool that you flip bikes and have your own little business going.

The parts I've been selling have been paying for my gas and fun. Finally found a job and going for an interview this week. I still want to flip bikes and do my own business thing, its a nice way to make easy money! :113:

Go for it!!

I've got nothing against those that sell a lot of bikes. My opinion comment might have come off that way inadvertently. Glad it makes a good side business for some and that's great that DN is using it to help get through college. Double Nickel seemed to be looking for honest opinions for why this thread had less activity then a Walmart Huffy and I gave it to him. Just that, my opinion which might not be shared by another sole. I agree that bike flippers serve a purpose to the hobby by finding bikes and bringing them to market. But when a regular person finds a neat bike I get a lot more excited for them. As I said, that's just me.

By the way Double N your Walmart Huffy comment is the type of comments I see online that convinced me to make my avatar a Walmart Huffy that I own. As I age I'm guess I'm becoming a bit cranky and defiant to mainstream thinking that tends to follow the main stream crowd of what's acceptable, cool, or outcast rubbish. Yes your customers are who you need to please. They pay you and therefore you must serve them.

I've got nothing against those that sell a lot of bikes. My opinion comment might have come off that way inadvertently. Glad it makes a good side business for some and that's great that DN is using it to help get through college. Double Nickel seemed to be looking for honest opinions for why this thread had less activity then a Walmart Huffy and I gave it to him. Just that, my opinion which might not be shared by another sole. I agree that bike flippers serve a purpose to the hobby by finding bikes and bringing them to market. But when a regular person finds a neat bike I get a lot more excited for them. As I said, that's just me.

By the way Double N your Walmart Huffy comment is the type of comments I see online that convinced me to make my avatar a Walmart Huffy that I own. As I age I'm guess I'm becoming a bit cranky and defiant to mainstream thinking that tends to follow the main stream crowd of what's acceptable, cool, or outcast rubbish. Yes your customers are who you need to please. They pay you and therefore you must serve them.

I own a Walmart huffy as well.

Back