Dave's Oldster project: "Old Soul"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering using this as an entry in the "Anything Goes" build-off, but I'm enjoying taking my time getting this thing ready for paint, and figuring out fender mounting, cable routing, etc.
I'm following either way! :thumbsup:

I like those frames, but man, they are small! Sat on one, and you need to be about half my height to fit on one.
I definitely couldn't ride mine with the post slammed. I also run 165mm crank arms to keep from kneeing myself in the teeth. I hve a 35" inseam, so I have been considering moving the crank hanger forward a couple of inches before I prep for paint.

THIS is exactly why I like this site! And also exactly why I'd love to live in the USA........

Superb thoughts, design and fabrication!

I'm thinking about finishing this as my second entry in WBO 2017, but I don't know how much painting weather we're due to have in the next couple of months - maybe one entry is enough, and I'll finish this up before July.
Man oh measel, this thing is the go, love the rear end with the wrap
around tubes and the front with the chunky spring fork set up, she's
a styling beast!
THIS is exactly why I like this site! And also exactly why I'd love to live in the USA........

Superb thoughts, design and fabrication!

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen! I do like to start with some design direction, even if that direction changes a little during the build.

Your paint plans sound awesome!

You could always pop it into the BO and give it a shot....it's not like there's a committee that shows up and confiscates bikes that don't get finished in time...
;)

Back