Dad got a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and picked up a bike we found on craigslist. The guy said it was a Schwinn but we aren't sure. We were also curious how to measure the frame to get the frame size. The number on the bottom of the cranks are SNF5D06G93127. Here is a pic of it. It has a shimano 7 speed on it.

Photo075.jpg

It's not a Chicago Schwinn, maybe a Chinese made Schwinn going by the frame and serial number. Still a good bike. The frame size is measured along the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the tube. That looks like an 18" frame.

cool thanks. ya we measured it and it was 18'' I googled it right quick to see how. My electra also measured 18 inches and it just feels more roomier. I guess because of the layed back style they have. He is just kinda crammed at the bars. Do you think a bent seat post would help?

I agree. We are on a shoe string budget right now. Guess we will try the seatpost first and see how it goes. I see they are only 10 bucks on chubbyscruisers.

Porkwagon said:
I agree. We are on a shoe string budget right now. Guess we will try the seatpost first and see how it goes. I see they are only 10 bucks on chubbyscruisers.
Nice bike, you can always cut a few inches off the handlebars and not spend any money.

You can get a few inches back on the seat by taking it off and rotating the center piece the other way. In the pic, it's all the way forward.

thanks wild. Did that this morning along with raising the seat and tweaking the bars a bit. Helped alot to where he can at least ride it.

I believe that color was sold as a Jaguar at Target stores, I used to have one. Seat's from something else, doesn't look too comfy! Be careful of the derailleur, I've heard of problems with them! -Adam

The guy actually re painted the bike. I wish it was left alone so I could tell for sure what it is.

:EDIT:after looking at pictures of the jaguar, you are probably right.

Latest posts

Back