CWC Traditional Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Today I picked out the color scheme for my CWC Road Master bicycle build. This bike is my every day transportation to go to and from work in summer. This build is going to be themed around the vintage rat rods. The pictures show how the paint scheme is going to look. The frame and fenders are going to be the brownish red (Red Oxide Primer) I have 2 slightly different primer red color options in the pictures. Then I will paint on the black scallops with white pin stripe outline shown in the samples. The Scallops are going to be on the fenders and the head set leading onto the frame bars. all this will be coated in a mat clear. There are also 2 sample red paint chips in the pictures. I picked them up at Envirotech Powder Coating. They are gloss red powder coat which will be used on the hoops of the rims.

The parts I am not sure how I want to do yet are the Handle bars, fender braces and seat. Should I leave them in their original patina, paint them mat black, new chrome handle bars?

Awesome paint scheme!
With the other items, it might be best to get the painting and coating done and then have a look at how it looks with those parts as they are, once you clean them/paint them you can't get that finish back.

Luke.

Awesome paint scheme!
With the other items, it might be best to get the painting and coating done and then have a look at how it looks with those parts as they are, once you clean them/paint them you can't get that finish back.

Luke.

Hey Luke, thanks for the complements. That is kind of what I was thinking as well. Thanks for the great advise.

I did not realize the build off was going on right now. Since I started it yesterday it still qualifies for the build off, at least that is how I understand it after reading the rules. I am going to enter this build in the build off so to follow my progress look for it there. I will be posting the rest of my build there.

Back