CWC Roadmaster girls bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am into bikes but admittedly don't know much about the early ones. I found this at my neighbors tag sale for $10 and knew it was worth something so I scooped it up. They told me it used to belong to their grandmother and they have a picture of her riding it. Can I get some help getting info on this. I may sell it or I may keep it, haven't decided yet.

Pics on Flickr link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21456448@N03/with/14183614966/

Very cool! You did great for 10$; the dropstand alone is worth 50 any day of the week. Considering the equipment and serial number, this would be a mid-1936 built bicycle. Produced by Cleveland Welding Co. Not worth a ton, because it's a standard level ladies bike in tired, but straight condition, has some good parts on it. It's a solid bike for sprucing up to ride or to sell and make a few bucks.

Thanks for the reply. I had thought it was a 1936 just based on what I read quickly online. I think it's pretty cool and glad to have picked it up. If it were a mans bike I would be more excited about it but oh well. I may fix it up a little one day unless someone offers me something decent for it. How much could I get from it in this condition do you think? $100-$150??

You're right on the money. Considering the parts, 150$ is reasonable to expect. That'd be fair. Unfortunately, the parts are worth more than the bike complete, so these old girls get parted out often. Somebody may buy it if they're putting together an early men's CWC for stuff like the guard, crankset, CWC dropstand, stem, and wheels. The problem with parting it out yourself is that you've always got the leftovers that stick around because they don't have any value alone.

The chainguard is awesome, it alone is worth more than you paid for the bike!

$1200 lmfao

That's better than the cl ad asking $200 for a wallyworld crankbrook that was debadged.

Back