Cutaway Hub Collection & CAD Models

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In response to Cameron's great work making his own cutaway hubs I will be posting photos of my own collection of factory made cutaways along with some CAD models I have made.

Perry Hub:
Factory Made Cutaway
Note Roller Clutch

PERRY-01.jpg

CCM Factory Cutaway.
Beautiful hub made in Canada, let down by a real cheezy brake arm.

CCM-01.jpg

CCM-02.jpg

Bendix Factory Cutaway
Not sure what they called this one?

BENDIX-01.jpg

BENDIX-03.jpg

BENDIX-02.jpg

Cameron;
The CCM hub has incredible craftsmanship and is beautiful but the brake arm is junk, just look at the uncleaned scale. Must be made out of hot rolled steel, should have been stamped from cold rolled. If you find some let me know. I have never seen another and would like a rider. Maybe our friends in the frozen north can help?

Monark Factory Cutaway
Very similar to a New Departure hub but with fewer and thicker brake disc.
Missing parts, never tried to fit ND parts?

MONARK-01.jpg

MONARK-02.jpg

Komet Super Factory Cutaway.
With Schwinn approved brake arm.

KOMET-SCHWINN-01.jpg

KOMET-SCHWINN-02.jpg

The only non factory cutaways I have. These 3 speeds are from the old Schwinn factory training school in Chicago.

3-SPEEDS-01.jpg

Time to show some of my CAD models:
This is a New Departure Model D, Modeled from one of my Factory Cutaway Hubs.
This is ready for silk screening.

Hub-trace-1.jpg

New Departure Model D 3D CAD Model.
No cutaway and with translucent shell.

MODELDclear-sm.jpg

I have acquired these hubs over the last thirty years from shops, collectors, and ebay.

Hey mods, can we make a combined thread or sticky on the subject? Coincidentally I was just out in my shop taking photos of an old Elgin hub for components/assembly.
There have been several hub diagrams/walkthroughs lately and I think this would be an invaluable tech resource for everyone.

(I tried to PM and email this request to you but I can't seem to get PM's to go through without "internal server error" popping up.)

Tailwinds said:
Hey mods, can we make a combined thread or sticky on the subject? Coincidentally I was just out in my shop taking photos of an old Elgin hub for components/assembly.
There have been several hub diagrams/walkthroughs lately and I think this would be an invaluable tech resource for everyone.

(I tried to PM and email this request to you but I can't seem to get PM's to go through without "internal server error" popping up.)

I keep an index of all great How-to Threads. Is is stickied at the top of the HOW TO section. I added your to it. Let me know if you create another thread.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 88#p249688

Back