CUSTOM CAST HEADBADGES- Now Mounted 3-16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah drilling and gluing is a better idea , cause rivets may go through the lead before popping "i think" wont try , don't wanna screw thing up

if i were to go about making a hole in the headbadge i would cut my design out on the wood and take... for example, a steel pin from a chain and glue and tap it into the wood? great idea -Conner 8)

This lead casting tachnque is awesome !! i made a rought mold in wood with a dremel , melted lead welding rod in it , hamered and sanded it flat, and finished and engraved it with the dremel :mrgreen:
DSCN4877.jpg

DSCN4880.jpg

DSCN4909.jpg

DSCN4895.jpg

i was thinking (mat double sided tape) the thing would never fall off

That is awesome. How did you put your design on the lead blank before engraving it? Do you have a router type base for your dremel?

exactly ! i bought a little kit for 35$ on sale , it has plenty of cool little tools , i guess it was made for wood , but it also work nicely on lead
i will become a machinist , but hand engraving metal is new for me , i love it!! :D

OneHorsePower said:
but hand engraving metal is new for me ,

Nice work for your first engraving job. 8) If you're using a Dremel, you're not hand engraving. Hand engraving is with a hammer and chisel or push graver. You're power engraving. Nothing wrong with power engraving if it looks good in the end.

What kind of machining are you learning? Gary

iam learning both manual and numerical machining , iam near the end of class so iam in numerical controls now ..i changed school and start back in January ..but that's an others story
i said hand engraving ,cause iam use to work metal with levers on big machines , as with dremel its more like drawing in 3d into metal .

i used this , its enough for a badge or 2 ,with a torch , i melted it over the mold, then heat it in the mold to spread it evenly , then hammered it at the right moment to make it very flat and bubble free
i soaked my wood mold in water before so it prevent it from catching on fire
il_fullxfull.139323407.jpg

Latest posts

Back