Curtis Odom rides a Rat Rod!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all from Curtis Odom (C.P.Odom)
New guy to the sight and glad to be here. Several old and new friends suggested that I come on board here. I have had a lifelong love affair with bicycles and cycling. Oddly my love of cycling grew out of my love for surfing. As a twelve year old riding my bike to the beach everyday (or home soaking wet) quickly turned it into a rust pile. This led me to discover the wonders of mechanics. I found my first cruiser in the trash around 1973 in my home town of Pacific Beach, CA, it was a Schwinn straight bar. To make the long story short I spent twenty years racing road and track bikes at a very high level, twenty years working in the bicycle industry, many years as a mechanic and shop manager, later as a production manager and designer for a bicycle company. The next stage of life was back to school for engineering and on to non cycling work. During my back to school time I did consulting and design jobs for the bicycle industry.

Along the way I have had some great mentors who taught me the hands on old school approach to design and fabrication. They taught me body work, welding, painting, machining, etc. In these things I am a decent amateur and they served me well in my hobbies and at work. Another ten years was spent in corporate engineering. The last eight years as an Engineering Manager (CAD Department) for the worlds biggest power tool and home hardware company.

Now I find myself a victim of the economy and trying to get back to my roots.
Curtis Odom

Welcome Curtis...sounds like you will be a valuable resource to the community.

Have really enjoyed all of your contributions so far! :D

Humm so your not kin to ol Arnold. Sometimes finding what you want to do in life, has been right in front of you all the time. There is usually a way to make money from the talents you have learned over the years. We need a good aftermarket shifter , and some kind of a springer that nobody has done. Design either and I'm pretty sure you could solve any money problems you could have.
Glad your here , and welcome to the madness. Oh and I will be waiting for my new 7 speed shifter at a reasonable price.

Welcome! Glad you are with us and we will surely be asking many questions! I am jealous of anyone who can surf! Stuck in the midwest but, surrounded by barn fresh Schwinns! :mrgreen:

welcome. greetings. cheers in 2011!
i surf in the seal beach to newport beach areas (southern cali)
~keep slidin' :mrgreen:

61rustrat;
My son and I will be in Huntington Beach January 14-15 for the Kneeboard National Championships (southside of the pier). Stop by if you are out cruising.
Curtis

Latest posts

Back