Current projects underway

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of my current projects that I am casually working on here and there.

This is my daily rider. I have owned this bike forever. It started out as an early 80's Huffy beach cruiser(late 70's-early 80's Huffys are my favorite cantilever frames). I have been adapting parts to it for about five years. Now it has heavy duty wheels, a Columbia Firebolt chainguard, JC Higgins Tank, bobbed fender, handle bars from an exercise bike, Stewart Warner speedo, and a Roadmaster fork. I say it's a project because I'm still collecting unique parts for it and still have yet to pick a paint scheme. I still need to fit the tank better and the headlight is temporary to abide by Tempe law, I plan on installing a super bright spot light into the tank. This is the best bike I have ever owned, it just fits like a good worn in boot. I keep thinking more and more about 86ing the fender, it is a recent addition and may not last. I have put hundreds of miles on this bike.
P1011796.jpg

P1011794.jpg

P1011793.jpg

This is my 60's Huffy Tandem. I still need to paint it and fix it up more. However I am leaving it as is for now so that me and my girlfriend can get good at riding it before it is all done up. Features include a Sanyo Dynapower generator for the head light and a cool mudflap.

P1011798.jpg

This is my newest muscle bike project. It's a cool old five speed Sears. It will probably have some sort of springer fork with a 16" wheel when done.

P1011800.jpg

Lastly for this post, a Nirve Chopper. I bought this from a guy off Craigslist, I guess it had been droped off a fork lift and then ran over or something. The forks were bent into a pretzel and the chainring tacoed. The guy selling it decided he had too many projects going on, so I bought it at a reasonable price. I got some tubing and welded drop outs on for the forks. It is just mocked up with those wheels and tires. I still need to true up the 24" three speed rear and make a sissy bar for it. It should come out pretty cool with new upholstery and a metal flaky green paint job.

P1011797.jpg

Hey Brian...nice set of bikes! With the black and white main colors, your daily rider has an old school police motorcycle theme to it. It would be kind of fun to theme it up like that. Find an old siren and maybe some saddle bags...just a thought. :lol:

jeff

Thanks! I never thought about it looking policeish. I've always pictured it kinda of green. Maybe I will do up another bike as a Tempe Police bike, although it will probably get you a ticket around here. As far a saddle bags go, I have some patterns to make some old 60's style bicycle saddle bags and was planning on sewing up a few sets and doing some for the ol' Franken-bike. Maybe I'll make up a bunch when I make some, for bike projects, ebay, and the classifieds here.

Brian...once again,
Nice Work...

Would you ever Part with those Roadmaster Springers :?: :wink:

and If you plan on Changing out,
or Removing The Sears Head Badge,
I need one for my Sears Spyder....

LMK...

very nice Builds,
Love the Huffy!

Kev.

Not sure if I will be getting rid of the springer, it's one of the only styles of springers that works with the tank. However if I do decide to use a custom head badge on the Sears, you can have the original one.

Very cool huffy! Thanks for posting it. I have never seen a teal blue firebolt. I have only seen black ones and red ones now i know there's another color. Heres a picture of my black 61

DSCN0164.jpg

DSCN0163.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

bicycle rick: that is cool!! For some reason that frame reminds me of the schwinn Broom bikes built for the Wizard of Oz cast!!!!
JBBroomBike2.jpg
[/img]

Very cool huffy! Thanks for posting it. I have never seen a teal blue firebolt. I have only seen black ones and red ones now i know there's another color. Heres a picture of my black 61

Cool firebolt, you never seen many of them around. I wonder what year the chainguard I have is from. I imagine it is probably a newer model than yours.

It's thin walled steel tubing. I got it at a metal salvage place, I payed about 8 bucks. I would look up metal/welding supply and salvage places in your area and call around, they are usually pretty helpful.

Latest posts

Back