crusty camelback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You slappin any clearcoat on that baby?
Looks real nice so far. :D

yet another piece of the puzzle falls into place :mrgreen:
wheel003.jpg

wheel002.jpg

now the search for another in rideable shape begins.......

gotta love old things........you get to make all kinds of fun stuff :shock:
well got my seat post from necessary evil(thanks again!)
and unfortunately it was about a 1/16" to small even with the binder bolt cranked all the way in :x so out came the grinder...
postandshim001.jpg

add an old schwinn seatpost and washer....
postandshim003.jpg

tack it together and youve got the beginnings of a seat post shim...
postandshim005.jpg

well its ugly but thatll be taken care of tomorrow :mrgreen:
(maybe ill be able to get this thing together in time for the autorama after all :shock: )

almost there(the only thing that might kill this for being done in time is finding another wheel :x )....
almostabike002.jpg

almostabike004.jpg

almostabike005.jpg

just need to make 2 brackets so i can slide the seat forward a little more(but thats to be expected when you start hodge-podging 3 different makes together :roll: )

Hooch knows if it had come to Texas there wouldnt have been any patina left he he :shock: It really looks good. The wheels are wood? You know sometimes when you need a seatpost shim you can buy that sheet copper and make one. I have even used a couple inches of 3/4 conduit and then sanded it down on a belt sander and made a thin shim.

ANy idea as to what kind of bars you are using for this one? Some rusted old pullback/prewar/steerhorn bars would look really nice on there, I think. Nice job!

unclestretch....yes the wheels are wood(well at least the one i have is....)with steel cladding over it and funny you should mention bars unchained.......
ive been trying to find a pair of just standard 40-50's cruiser bars with no luck what so ever :x
so i had to take matters into my own hands today and went down to college today and got some pull back bars and bearing cups(btw when you guys see karfers newest creation your jaws will drop!!! if he doesnt post it ill make sure i get some shots at autorama :mrgreen: ) and made my own...
barbutcher002.jpg

barbutcher003.jpg

it turned out to be more than a simple cut and turn so i called in the reinforcements!
barbutcher004.jpg

barbutcher005.jpg

barbutcher007.jpg

theyll be welded and finished tomorrow :roll:

hey, i was lookin around on the classfieds, and i found this post. looks like the clad wheel wheel you have! just thought id show ya cuz you said you needed another wheel in the same condition. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12889 :mrgreen: hope it helps!

lookin good you better get er done soon. and yea as you can see i have shown pics of the new bike wait till you see her shinny. now we have some new bikes for the rides this spring

Back