Cruisin ain't a Crime - Hello from Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

it`s been a while since i worked on my last bike... four years i guess.
Well, i was young - and the bike was ...errr ...different :mrgreen:
Sorry, need to avoid bad words :lol:
But have a look yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMY8BxPR9x4
It`s not me riding it, but my lil' cousin.
26" frame without rear suspension, 28" front wheel

Unfortulately, the bike was stolen (can`t believe it myself - and yeah, it WAS locked :wink: )
So now i need an new cruiser this year. It`s gonna be a one-off, for sure.
Some angle grinding, welding, tubes and a tube bender (which I ne need 2 buy soon, argh)...

Was hoping i could start a build thread today, but my plan didn`t work out :?

Visited an auction for ownerless bikes at our local train station today, looking for a frame i might use for my project - just to chop out things like the flanges for fork and crank.

More than 100 bikes were for sale, some in real good condition, some very very baaad. :roll:
But i didn`t find anything suitable. So i bought a mountain bike with a damaged rear wheel for 16 Euro (about 20 bucks). Gonna get this thing running by the end of next week, so i have at least a normal bike for this summer.

Keep searching for a frame, of course. Maybe in my dad's garage :mrgreen:

Greetings from Connecticut, USA, from one VeeDub nut to another.

There are a lot of us on here- I think everyone here has appreciation for the simpler, old cars and a more relaxed way of life. And that makes us appreciate bicycles even more.

My only VW right now is a 1970 Deluxe Bus or Transporter. I've had many different ones over the years. What have you got?

Willkommen!

--Rob

Back