CRAZY NEW IDEA FOR MY BUILD OFF BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
OK friends its time to let you in on my crazy new idea,

Since pro pinstriping is legal this year and I plan on taking full advantage of it, What if I sent out different parts of my bike to different members of the site who can stripe(Karfer, Hotrodgen, etc..) and let them pinstripe it and send it back to me. I know all the styles would be different but It would really be a treasure knowing that my bike was pinstriped by artist all over the U.S. I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

This is how it would work...
I would box up a small part. Fender, fork, light, seat, tank,etc...and leave enough money to ship it back in the box. The volunteer would stripe it then send it back to me. After all the boxes are returned I would Then put them on the bike and have a final masterpiece.

The only way this could work is if the pinstriper can volunteer to donate the stripes or charge little, because I wouldn't be able to pay for them along with all the shipping. So if this is a dumb idea please let me know but If this might work, I think its worth a shot.

I'd say go for it, sounds like an awesome concept, if you can orchestrate it all and have enough volunteers!

Back