Crazy bike repairs! What were they thinkin?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A few of the last bikes i've picked up have had some crazy repairs or attempted repars on them ? I picked up a freebie bike that I'm going to repair and donate. I started to swap some tires and found this: :roll:

1_zpsd2a5ec2b.jpg

2_zps0f04ac41.jpg

Hey what's this? :?
4_zps26d1a674.jpg

Plastic grocery bag tire patch. :shock:
5_zps5cb4241f.jpg

Man i have duct taped innertubes at a snake bite that sliced the tire, never thought to use a shopping bag! All that wasted tape....

I've heard the road bike guys talk about using a dollar bill to avoid walking home.

Is is fillet brazed yet? There is twice as much weld under the repair as there is on the actual break. My neighbor melted off over a pound of bronze, and redid the weld with amazing results. Nearly invisible repair. I've tried to get him on RRB, but he's chicken. :wink:

Pedro%2527s%2520Garage%2520018.jpg

largek9 said:
I guess somebody had pedal issues (both) on this 51 Columbia. The guy I got it from said it was that way when he got it. :eek:

a_zpsdc51fe84.jpg
when I started stripping down my performer someone had snapped the crank arm the welded it back on. Caught heck getting the nut off, It was a good weld just not pretty at all

I don't have a picture of it but once I had a bike come in and the brake cable had been tied back together.....
Ive helped do a JB Weld repair once, it didn't hold!

Back