Crank case?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they sell crank cases?
Im buildin a frame and being in italy all frames have the small diameter crank cases and i wanna use the US spec cranks. Dont wanna bother making my own as i dont have the large thread tool for the ends and theyre costy.
Cant find any in online shops i kno. Any help? Or anyone has a junk one to ship me?

I believe Unclestretch was using Galvanized fence post sections for his custom built bikes. should be some info in some his built from scratch threads.

I use Nova Cycle Supply for frame bits. They are in the States, but will ship to Italy. Good luck.

Have a look at this BB shell:http://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle-frame-tubing/BMX-STANDARD.html

NOV_LLBB_BMX_NEW-06.jpg

bonez said:
Dont wanna bother making my own as i dont have the large thread tool for the ends and theyre costy.

We call the "crank case" the bottom bracket, or BB. Most all American style BB bearing cups just press in. No threads. Gary

B607 said:
bonez said:
Dont wanna bother making my own as i dont have the large thread tool for the ends and theyre costy.

We call the "crank case" the bottom bracket, or BB. Most all American style BB bearing cups just press in. No threads. Gary

Good point. The Felt frame i used in my last project is not threaded. but i seemed to remember an old lowrider bike i had had a threaded crank case. But maybe is just a messed up memory...
Thanx thou.

Back