Craigslist Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since one of my bikes got stolen, I decided I needed to buy another one. This time I found a tandem bike on craigslist, so i called on it. It was $40 and about 45 minutes away. I still had an hour and a half of work. The lady said it was still there, and I got directions. Then I called my wife, who was excited about it too, so I called the lady back, and asked her to hold on to it for me as I would be leaving work an hour early and would hate to drive up and have it be gone. She said in the ten minutes between my calls(I was the first call on it...), she had about ten other calls and made me promise tro be there... Long story short, I now own a tandem bike, its an RBC (Ret. Bar Cycle co.) which just happens to be the same brand as a trike conversion kit I put on my neighbor's heavy-duti earlier this month...
2865771128_63b0880d05.jpg

So there's my score. I couldn't pass it up for fourty bucks. And if my wife and i decide we're not tandem people, we can always sell it.

R-C cycles were manufactured and sold right here in the valley of the sun! The locale was very near a very large senior community (Sun City) The people there are well to do retirees.They had an entire line of well made"adult cycles" and as such they usually turn up in really good condition! I have seen that same frame in a three wheel configuration as well. Note the low entry position, this was very common on many of their models.Nice find, Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

I saw that bike and If I would have had the time I would have called to.... Im glad to see it find a good home... And if you decide to sell it let me know... Id feel pretty good about doubling your money :wink:

BrigmasterA said:
And if my wife and i decide we're not tandem people, we can always sell it.

I had a tandem once .....the wife and I are not tandem people. They are sometimes called divorce bikes :shock:

That was to good of a deal to pass up.

....can you imagine what a good blacksmith could do with a bike like that?

"Madd Hammer II" ?

Back