Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

I love when they say it was "Never ridden"... If it's assembled and out of the box it's been ridden. Maybe not a lot of miles on it but it's got some dirt on the tires at one point.

outskirtscustoms said:
I love when they say it was "Never ridden"... If it's assembled and out of the box it's been ridden. Maybe not a lot of miles on it but it's got some dirt on the tires at one point.

Exactly! I'm glad someone else thinks the same as me. An assembled bike WILL get sat upon and someone WILL make the pedals go round and the tires move on the ground. Can't ever convince me that an assembled bike has "never been ridden." :x

outskirtscustoms said:
Well I had to try and well....guess who got a new seat!

CONGRATS! That was a good deal, but I think I beat you though. I got a Brooks that has a 3 speed bike attached for FREE today from CL.

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Well I had to try and well....guess who got a new seat!

CONGRATS! That was a good deal, but I think I beat you though. I got a Brooks that has a 3 speed bike attached for FREE today from CL.

Is it a leather brooks or a mattress style spring type? I also forgot to mention I didn't pay full price, I got it for $10 and I gave a $2 tip for delivery so I got it for $12 DELIVERED!

Leather.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43238&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=720#p747731
IMG_2870_zps4c0d7fd2.jpg

Oh yes. I bought a couple of mountain bike frames from a young guy that had been hit by a car on one of them. All I needed was a bottom bracket. Maybe I'll break even at some point, maybe not.

kim_dude said:
Anyone pay more than you think a bike is worth because you know they need the money?

A few times, there was one in particular I can remember, the old guy was a Vietnam veteran as well as a double amputee that was selling bikes to help pay for medical bills. I gave him $100 for his old beach cruiser that was stored in a damp basement and rusted solid. It was bad enough that I ended up having it as yard art for a year and scrapped it out. I ended up helping him out posting lots of other stuff for him too. Super nice guy, sadly he's no longer with us.

kim_dude said:
Anyone pay more than you think a bike is worth because you know they need the money?

I just gave a young guy $20 to add to a trade without him asking today. Because I knew they could use it and I felt I was getting a great deal. Even though I know they got all the bikes for free, his brother is a scrapper.

Back