Couple sweet old ladies from Benton

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up tonight...

002-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

005-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

and this one...

008-5.jpg

009-3.jpg

65rat said:
Hey there's your New Departure hubs. I could use that chain guard on the Monark :roll:
Are those star spockets pretty rare :?:

Hehe... now I own three of them!

I may end up parting them out, I will let you know

Ratfink1962 said:
By the way, the Firestone had this tag on the bottom bracket...
Never seen one of those before, Ill get a closer look on it to see if I can find the serial #. any Idea what year it might be?
That's a Monark ID badge, the only co. that used them. If it had been a Monark badged bike, it would say monark on the tag, but on store brand bikes like your firestone and Sears' JC Higgins, it doesn't. If you can make out the serial#, I have a list, though they had some oddball #'s too. I believe they made Firestones from the early 50's to '58 at the latest, '59 ads show Snyder (Rollfast) built bikes. -Adam

Ratfink1962 said:
marcusthemoose said:
good haul. got youself a good back hub in the blue one! (not that i am biased or anything)

Ive never heard of Perry, assuming its good stuff?

they're pretty good. much better than modern shimano rubbish. they are old and english, and that therefore means that the built quality is good (in most cases). note how the chrome is still good as it is quality.

Back