Countdown to build off 18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the 18th Annual Build Off on the Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum !!

What started as one man's dream for an online forum for those that dig the 'rat rod' style of bicycle building and appreciation; has turned into the realization of dream builds for hundreds of Forum member builds over the years.

If you have never participated in the annual Build Off, there is no time like the present! For those that are returning, welcome back! The RatRodBikes Build Off 18 (BO 18) will begin on May 1, 2023.

Please check the RRB BO 18 Rules thread for guidelines defining the two Class options and build parameters.
This discussion thread is for give and take about what you might build this year, questions about the Build Off, and generally getting hyped for another great build season on RRB!

Once again, welcome to the best rat rod bike building forum on the internet, and RRB BO 18 !!

As always,

RaT oN~!
OddJob
(representing the admins and moderaters of the RatRodBikes Forum)

download.png

Count faster!View attachment 228519
AND A HALF!!
Now now @MattiThundrrr we need not to rush things take the time to get out all the Matti humour, exchange puns with @OddJob, come up with your storyline ,scope out photo opps , collect your memes and various pop culture references then what would you do during the build off 🤔 but we would be less entertained

Last edited:
scope out photo opps
Lol you seen the pictures I been posting of the Duck? You think that's just idle tomfoolery because I like the bike?
I think I found another historical treasure! Just in time for the build off.
Yeah me too, and it might change my plans...
c8a675c7-b655-4c66-9fb6-ee148e15fb84~2.jpg
ac4ae6b7-dee8-44cb-a501-351769a28205~2.jpg

I am wholly unprepared for this build off. I haven't even ordered any parts because I can't make up my mind which bike to build😬

At least this year I'm working 4/10s, so I have one full day off during the normal work week. Last year I was working 50+ hours a week during the build off

wait a minute... is Matti gonna build a drop bar bike? Can't be.

Just sent a set of hubs to my LBS to be rebuilt. I did some scrounging last night and today. I believe I have enough parts on hand to do a build in each category this year.

HEY MR TIME KEEPER, HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT?

Lol I tried last year too, it's still in pieces. But that Fisher has got me excited... Waiting for a response from the seller is excruciating
when heck freezes over you'll build, and ride, a drop bar bike.

but ya, that bike is cool.

Latest posts

Back