Cool things to do with a Girls Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always chop the back end off of a girls bike and bolt it on to the rear of a men's bike and add a springer for a TwinFlex style rear springer bike.

WP_001196.jpg

aIMG_8086.jpg

I took this Murray made All Pro girls bike from this,...

To This,...

Now is one of the absolute best riding bikes I own.

SSG said:
SSG is this a flipped Girls Frame. Do you have any pictures in process? In looking at this bike. I would think you would get a flex in the frame because you do not have a lower tube on it. Have you ridden in on curves and does it flex or twist then?
Thanks

We welded two 1950s girls frames together last night for a nostalgic looking tall bike. A Columbia and a German JC Higgins, should be pretty cool.

yoothgeye said:
We welded two 1950s girls frames together last night for a nostalgic looking tall bike. A Columbia and a German JC Higgins, should be pretty cool.
Pics yoothgeye please! I love all these ideas! It was Little_Will's build that brought me here, I have a fancy to do something with this in the same vein as your ideas...
STP81456-1.jpg

But its important to me me to keep the dents and rust and original paint ''as is'' if possible so it will just be burnt at the head tube and seat tube area from welding? does that make sense?? :) :)

Boris said:
yoothgeye said:
Pics yoothgeye please!

They will come, but I have a "break" ahead of me, having shoulder surgery in the morning.

That may be the best use yet!!!!!
Nice chainguard holder too!

Should have seen the look on my Grandsons face when i said "Here's your new bike " :lol:

From This....

lilblackstretch001.jpg

lilblackstretch002.jpg

lilblackstretch005.jpg
lilblackstretch007.jpg
lilblackstretch009.jpg

lilblackstretch029.jpg

To This !
lilblackstretch037.jpg
lilblackstretch033.jpg

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Should have seen the look on my Grandsons face when i said "Here's your new bike " :lol:

From This....

lilblackstretch001.jpg

lilblackstretch002.jpg

lilblackstretch005.jpg
lilblackstretch007.jpg
lilblackstretch009.jpg

lilblackstretch029.jpg

To This !
lilblackstretch037.jpg
lilblackstretch033.jpg
wow i got one of these sitting on the side of my work shop.. nice transformation.

Thank you for the kind words !, this actually took two of the same bikes to do,the top bar is a old piece of pipe i had
laying around, stuck it in a tree to get the curve ! :lol:

Ralph

Wow. Simply wow. Amazing work n I bet he was the happiest kid in the world to have such a sweet ride. How many hours did it take u? Was still pretty cheap to build though right? That Springer front end was probably the most of it at about $60

Back