Cool springer ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That leaf springer is totally 100% awesome!

I actually just posted something similiar to this a couple days ago...
IMG_1978.jpg

and almost finished (modified the rockers and added another spring)
IMG_1983.jpg

Looks pretty close to the last pic now just fine tuned :lol:
i have alot of fun with it. works well and is quite interesting to look at :wink:

Here is a project I started last week. Same forks but the one in back is 2 inches longer at the stem. I put it through frame belonging to the smaller blue fork. Then I cut a rear suspension off a kids bike and found the tube it is welded onto fits perfectly over the longer fork stem. I also found that the other end of the rear shock is the same diamater as the fork stem.

I need to figure out how much of the blue stem to cut off before I weld it to the stem? I also am still working out the linkage between the bottoms of the two forks? Any ideas or suggestions? I wish I had a Monarch to look at in person.
springer002.jpg

Here is an updated picture.
8 inches of snow last night so it may be a while before I can try it out.

springer020.jpg

Tooth should post his BO7 Springer once it is operational.

I will do the same once I get my rear TwinFlex like Springer working.

Here is my 1939 Huffman TwinFlex inspired rear springer suspension that I engineered for my Build Off 7 bike Flex-Liner 7. It works great and will look better once I am finished with paint and reassembly.

WP_002178.jpg

Georgeediii said:
Here is a project I started last week. Same forks but the one in back is 2 inches longer at the stem. I put it through frame belonging to the smaller blue fork. Then I cut a rear suspension off a kids bike and found the tube it is welded onto fits perfectly over the longer fork stem. I also found that the other end of the rear shock is the same diamater as the fork stem.

I need to figure out how much of the blue stem to cut off before I weld it to the stem? I also am still working out the linkage between the bottoms of the two forks? Any ideas or suggestions? I wish I had a Monarch to look at in person.

Here is an updated picture.
8 inches of snow last night so it may be a while before I can try it out.

springer020.jpg

here's mine....it started with these...
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=55168

Image2419.jpg

Image2420.jpg

Image2421.jpg

Image2425.jpg

here it is now...

Photo0566.jpg

but still not finished....

Check out this drawing that OneHorsePower posted!

dreemcruser.jpg

Good luck with the chain tension on that rear suspension.

the pivot point is very close to the sprocket axe , in fact , its the same as any other rear suspension on mountain bike , witch some are single gear .. maybe a small tentionner could help , but i think it could work without one

Back