cool frame dent removal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i discovered a way to remove dents from tubing that otherwise would be hard to get at.i wont take credit for the method as i learned it from a fellow hotrodder.heres the story,while trying to shoehorn a big engine in a very small space i felt it neccessary to dent up my passenger side header ( stupid move i know).after i found out that a different set of motormounts would solve the fitment i was stuck with a brand new set of dented headers :oops: .heres how i fixed em ,first you need to beable to plug the tubing off on each end.after you plug one end fill it with water,plug the other end and position in a deep freezer overnight,when you wake up dent will be gone! my dented tube was about 2.5 inches long and 3/4 in deep.it came out about 99%. i thought i would share this for those who have dented frames.i know it will work on the thinner frames not sure how well it would work on anything real heavy though.

Back