Cool bikes for kids

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trek_jet_16_2014_cherno_zelenyiy.jpg

Hello everyone.

I'm Alexy, my son is 1,5 years old, we live in Russia and we have a problem. I want to buy a cool bike for my son, but I see only chinese plastic colourful garbage on the market, but not really cool or funky bikes. We don't have any parts, tyres and other too… Sometimes I see photos of custom bikes or very very very limited series that are more difficult to find than even build it. Well, I ask you, very kind and experienced customizers for help. You can share some links of online stores or bike models, or some parts. Don't hurry, I have few more years. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Alexy seeing your recent projects I think you could do a bang up job on a little Chinese bike. This is one I built for my grandson Alex he's 4 yrs old now and rides the heck out of it. Skids and all.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/jr-rat-done.47234/ will post a photo later oh the diamond frames would probably look best. This is a photo from a year ago. Not riding the but 4 months ago he took off!
imag0415a.jpg

Last edited:
+1--- easiest move is to take a cheap & uncool and make it into something you & your son will enjoy. Int'l shipping is a killer, but you can find parts on here if you can't find good used stuff and repurposed stuff over there...

Buy a balance bike, no pedals. My son had a strider at age 2, at age 4 I put him on a 16" bike with not training wheels and he was pedaling away in 5 mins. His GP's bought him on of those POS spiderman bikes and he never rode it. But I was able to take the seat, and wheels off the bike and put them on the strider when he turned 3 which raised the bike and inch.

Back