cool beer bottle label

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a few old pop crates at a yard sale and found this beer bottle. Circa 1991
bikes037.jpg

I didn't know this stuff is still around, I've never seen this bottle until now and just thought it was cool looking.

I'm kind of a "bicycle themed beverage" collector, if I come across a cola, wine, or beer bottle with a bike on it I grab it. I guess this fat tire beer just is'nt popular around my parts.

mmmmmm... good beer, cool label, my favorite, Fat Tire. I most always have 1 or 2 on the Coasters b.c. thursday night pub cruises. They make cool limited edtion Fat Tire bicycles every year, that have tire tread that reads FAT TIRE, wish I had one. And the brewers of Fat Tire beer, New Belgium Brewery, are the sponsor/host to the Tour De Fat events around the country. I am going to the Tour De Fat in Fort Collins, Colorado, can wait.
Dangerous Dan

Fat Tire is some of the best-tasting beer avaiable. It is only sold in the central US because the brewery (in Fort Collins, CO) insists that it stays cold during shipping. At this point there are no distributors who can commit to keeping the beer cold beyond Chicago. As far as the West direction goes, I know it's sold in New Mexico, but I'm not sure if it goes beyond that. Whenever I visit family in Cleveland, they always ask me to bring a case of Fat Tire with me.

That explains it, I'm going to check Jungle Jim's store, he carries all kinds of beers from all over the world. I'd like to have an unopened bottle.

KansasJack said:
Fat Tire is some of the best-tasting beer avaiable. It is only sold in the central US because the brewery (in Fort Collins, CO) insists that it stays cold during shipping. At this point there are no distributors who can commit to keeping the beer cold beyond Chicago. As far as the West direction goes, I know it's sold in New Mexico, but I'm not sure if it goes beyond that. Whenever I visit family in Cleveland, they always ask me to bring a case of Fat Tire with me.
It's in Cali also! It's one of my favorite beers I've had.

While I dont think it is the best (Newcastle for me), its a pretty darn good beer. The 1554 is my personal fav. It is dark, heavy and hearty. MMMMM :wink:
It is sold in AZ, in the cooler and on the shelves. On tap is best of course. That is what is good about the Tour de Fat, all of thier beers are on tap. Tour de Fat coming to Tempe AZ , first of Sep. I think. 8)

Here's a few different years of the bikes. I know Electra and Felt have both made them. Not for sure if any other manufacturers have. The first three pics are from last years Fat Tire Festival in Ft Collins. The last one is local and a Coasters bike. I hope to have one some day.
100_2368.jpg

Img_1038.jpg

Img_1126.jpg

pic018.jpg

That explains it, I'm going to check Jungle Jim's store, he carries all kinds of beers from all over the world. I'd like to have an unopened bottle.

If Jungle Jim can't hook you up, let me know and I'll send you a couple bottles. You're at least 21, right? :)

yup, I just had one Saturday...good beer and good bikes too. They give a bike to their employee's after their one year anniversary. If you do a brewery visit, they have bikes everywhere. Many of their employee's ride their bikes to work. Their bike rack if full of cruisers and other bikes. It's something they encourage. Some companies in Denver are starting to give their employee's incentives to ride their bikes to work.

jeff

tikiharl said:
While I dont think it is the best (Newcastle for me), its a pretty darn good beer. The 1554 is my personal fav. It is dark, heavy and hearty. MMMMM :wink:
It is sold in AZ, in the cooler and on the shelves. On tap is best of course. That is what is good about the Tour de Fat, all of thier beers are on tap. Tour de Fat coming to Tempe AZ , first of Sep. I think. 8)

I agree with you about the Newcastle....LOVE that stuff, but my normal "go to" beer is Miller High Life....cheap and tasty!

However, the first time I drank Fat Tire was the LAST TIME....I thought it was horrible. If everyone liked the same thing though, this would be a pretty boring place to be! :D

new belgium is awesome!

Back