Connecticut: Get On Your Bikes And Ride!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Get on your bikes and ride! It’s a …
CLASSIC & CUSTOM BICYCLE CRUISE!

logonlcb2.jpg

· SEPTEMBER 23, 2007 · DOWNTOWN NEW LONDON CONNECTICUT·

All classic and custom bicycles of all ages are welcome to participate!
Ride your Schwinn Stingray, Orange Krate, Speedster, Phantom, Cruiser, Collegiate, Varsity, Raleigh Chopper, Murray, Monark, Sears, Columbia, Ross, Dyno, coaster brake, three-speed, ten-speed, balloon tire, middleweight, lightweight, Tandem, lowrider, rat rod, BMX, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, or any vintage or custom bicycle!

mini52p1.jpg
minirat1.jpg

New London Custom Bike Club invites you to join us! We’ll meet at the Hygienic Art Park in Downtown New London, 79 Bank Street. The ride starts at 1:00 PM. Plenty of parking is available directly behind the Hygienic Art Gallery. For directions here, follow this: http://www.hygienic.org/directions.asp

mini69s1.jpg
mini68c1.jpg

We're enjoying the beautiful weather at the end of summer with an easy ride through New London's Waterfront Park. We'll take a 1-mile ride to the legendary Capt. Scott's for fish'n'chips or a lobster roll. Then we’ll return downtown for a hot chocolate or a coffee on State Street, take a leisurely ride around City Pier, Union Station, and the Ferry Docks, and then return to Bank Street by way of the Waterfront Park. Riders can then join us for a cocktail at the exciting new Bulkeley House patio, next door to the starting point of our ride.

mini66f1.jpg
mini99o1.jpg

Join us for a fun afternoon of chrome, cruising, and good times on two wheels. Ride sponsors have extra bikes if yours isn't ready for the Cruise. Call ahead to make sure a bike is available for you! Hope to see you there!

Contact Rob at (860) 912-6882 to confirm how many will be riding with us. Or email: [email protected]

One week!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Should be a good time! If anyone wants to participate but hasn't got a bike, I've got the following ready to ride:

68 Green Stingray Deluxe
72 Red Stingray
66 Black Fastback
71 Green Fastback
77 Blue Fairlady
67 Columbia Playbike (for someone short!)
69 Green Fairlady
71 Orange Tyler "Tiger" custom bike with tiger grips, tiger head horn and tiger seat with tail!
73 Green Breeze 3 spd
69 Green ladies Collegiate 5-spd

See you all there and don't miss the web page!

http://www.bareiss.net/nlccbc.html

--=={{Rob}}==--

See you all tomorrow!

We ride at one! See you all there!

I've got people bringing all kinds of bikes, but not a lot of customs!

I know, all the Rat Rod guys are all busy building your Buildoff projects. I should get back to that too!

Supposed to be beautiful weather! See you tomorrow!

smlowrider_pier07.jpg

--=={{Rob}==--

Man, I wish I would have know about this earlier, I went to ST. THOMAS MOORE SCHOOL (colchester ct.) as a kid (1981-1983)and used to take the train from new london to nyc everyweekend

We had a great time on a great day!

The weather was perfect, people were into it. Not much for custom bikes though, I rode a more or less stock 72 Stingray, one of my friends rode his just completed 68 Orange Krate
bikeride0720.jpg
instead of a custom stretch frame lowrider he's got, and another friend did bring his semi-custom but still all-Schwinn 69 Collegiate that I built.

bikeride07_5.jpg

bikeride07_2.jpg

We had about 15 people show up, a good turnout. A few stayed for the whole ride, a couple had to go early, and unfortunately two of my regulars were on the injured list with foot or leg injuries! They drove down and joined us for fish-n-chips though.

bikeride0712.jpg

All in all we had an awesome time, and we will do it again! One of the local bike shop owners, from Terra Cyclery, brought an awesome Schwinn Cruiser 3, black and white, right off the showroom floor. He plans to help organize more rides like this one.
bikeride07_6.jpg

We rode down New London's waterfront, just takin in the sunshine and reminding us why we like to live here.

bikeride0731.jpg

Down at the pier, we found this little treasure:

bikeride0723.jpg

It is either:
1) The findings of the National Beach Cleanup last week
2) A lousy attempt at an anchor
3) Your old bike that got stolen in '05, now we know why it wasn't found

Late in the afternoon the Schwinns faded into the sunset as we all had ice cream (ok, some of us had more beer than ice cream).

bikeride0719.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed riding along with us, and next time you're welcome to come in person!

--=={{Rob}}==--

Yeah I like that one too!

Rat Rod said:
Thanks for sharing Rob....love that last shadow pic....very cool!

I couldn't believe how good that picture came out. You can see the shadows of the spokes, even! The light was so crisp and clear, it was just one of those perfect shots.

I love it when you get those rare opportunities and manage to catch it on film. Or memory, in this case- I shoot all my pics with a low-end Fuji digital. Darn nice cameras and its put up with a lot for several years now.

Steve, if you ever get up this way, you'll be welcome to stop in and go for a ride!

Talk to you soon!
--=={{Rob}}==--

cool pics, looks like a good time was had by all.
It also looks like they did an amazing job of cleaning up New London, I remember it as a run down almost ghetto town.

That looks like a good time. I had all intentions of attending but my wife got sick and I had to bring my son to a birthday party in her place. are you planning anymore?
P1010091.jpg

A ride down the pier on my 56' speedster would have definitely been kool.

Latest posts

Back