Complete 24x3 wheels?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know anybody besides choppersus that sells complete 24x3 wheels? choppersus won't have them until the end of Aug or early Sept and with 1 to 2 weeks to be built along with shipping after that it could be the end of Sept before I would get them. I would not mind the wait, choppersus are great to deal with but at this rate I might not get to finish my Basman until next spring. Not a good thing....hahaha

They also said that they do have 24x2.5 wheels in stock and that it is hard to tell the difference between the 2.5 and 3. What is everyones opinion on 2.5 vs 3 for my Basman build?

Thank for the help guys.

I feel your pain! I'm going through the exact same thing right now. You have a couple of options, depending on your wallet size. Chopperus is the cheaest route, but like you said, you'll have to wait. You could get the components and have them built a your LBS.

You can get these from fatbikes.com. They cost a little more, but I bet they are better quality. They also have the Surly stuff, but most of that is either 32 hole or has offset.
yhst-128829578216080_2161_959661
yhst-128829578216080_2161_493779

I'm going to get the the parts, lace the wheel my self and then have my LBS true them. I ordered the white Iron Cross cut out wheels from the Chopperdome. It looks like their e-shop is down right now. I'll be running a Shimano Diore disc front hub and a Nexus-8 coaster rear, which I got from e-bay and Amazon.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing.

Thanks for the info guys. I emailed localcycles last weekend but have not heard back from them. I guess I will try to call them. I would like to get parts from them since they are closer to me than CA. I will keep everyone posted.

Back